SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Anyone ID This Item - Perhaps Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical Related?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Anyone ID This Item - Perhaps Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical Related? Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I discovered this item in a box of old odds and ends. Based upon the age of the other contents, I judge this item to be from the 1940's - 1950's era. The hollow, blue plastic tube measures ~2" long x ~.500" in diameter. On one end there is a threaded metal cap while the opposite end has a spring loaded ball bearing which acts as a valve. Pressure on the ball bearing releases the contents; a fine white powder. There are no markings other than a raised numeral "8" on the metal cap. I initially thought this was some type of woman's cosmetics dispenser though the powder makes me wonder if perhaps it was used for dispensing medicine. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
chalk? For sewing, drawing lines on fabric?

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get it ?

An aircraft carrier ?
Grandpa's basement?

Uncle Billy's golf cart?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Is it possible the white powder is the dried-out remains of a liquid or gel?
Then it could be some sort of cosmetic applicator.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking some sort of marking tool for one of the constructing trades.

Instead of chalk or carpenters pencil .

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dispenser for cocaine.

Original 8 Ball...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43902 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Chalk stick holder

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something that people in prison use to smuggle contraband perhaps

posted Hide Post
Golf ball marker.
https://www.amazon.com/Remarka...r/dp/B07FN8BL6W?th=1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post