SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you mean that you don't know what the man meant when he demanded "reparations", Representative Lewis?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What do you mean that you don't know what the man meant when he demanded "reparations", Representative Lewis? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
This is a monster of your own making- you and your ilk. I'm gonna start calling you Dr. Victor Frankenstein, because this guy is a monster of your own making, and you damn well know it.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...r-head-off/498978757

ATLANTA - A local man is in federal custody after he threatened to kill a Georgia congressman's staff.

The FBI told Channel 2’s Dave Huddleston that the suspect demanded Rep. John Lewis and his staff help him get financial "reparations," but weren't sure exactly what that means.

They say the man called numerous times, and finally crossed the line when he said “I'll blow your head off.”

“One day in February, he called 46 times in a short period," said FBI agent Stephen Emmett.

Emmett is referring to Dante Rosser, 42.

"Mr. Rosser telephonically threaten(ed) that staffer with blowing his head off," Emmett said.

Huddleston sat two rows behind Rosser on Thursday afternoon as he appeared before a federal judge. He was dressed in jeans and a gray sweatshirt.

He’s charged with threatening a federal employee, a felony punishable with prison time.

Emmett said anyone can call elected officials to complain, but what Rosser is accused of doing went too far.

"That's part of the democratic process, making your views known to your elected official or staff. But making threats, specific threats, is a line you don't cross and Mr. Rosser is alleged to have crossed that line," Emmett said.

Huddleston called Lewis' office for comment but his staff referred all media calls to U.S. Capitol Police.

"We don't comment on ongoing investigations," a staffer told Huddleston.

Lewis has not said anything about the threats to his Atlanta staff.

Rosser's next court date is Monday morning.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So shocking when the dog you trained to be mean bites you.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm inclined to call his office and ask why they are acing as if they have no idea what the loon is talking about with "reparations."

Come on. Ridiculous. They know exactly what that nutcase means when he demands reparations, and it's a monster of Mister Civil Rights John Lewis' own making.

He knows it and we know it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That guy wants nothing to do with his hellspawn. Pretending that he is ignorant of what was being asked is an act of stupidity. See acts of stupidity are perpetrated by most politicians in DC and throughout the country. Stirring up shit and then acting like they have no clue as to what is going on, is and has been the tactic used by the left for over half a century!

Honestly, I don't think the idea of "reparations" is going away any time soon. Too many people have been fed a line of bullshit and gobbled it up like a fat kid in a candy shop. Yes, it sucked for those families brought over on slave ships but white Americans on both sides of our Civil War fought and died because of slavery. I say that we're even. Not only that, but what kind of opportunities would these black folks have in Africa? I know that might sound racist to some, but I think it is a question that needs to be asked! Sometimes, the questions that need to be asked are hard and it's easy to float a softball pitch, but if we're being honest with one another, that is the question that needs answered.

As to Mr. Lewis....he's nothing more than a mouthpiece of the white democrats that are trying to keep his people voting in their favor by using him. He is too stupid to realize he's stupid!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I would imagine that Lewis is diligently trying to find a way to blame this on Trump and the Republicans. Expect talking points soon...

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Typical tactic of rabble rousers when caught. Play dumb. Look surprised as you pretend the glove doesn't fit. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit. We all know you are guilty, John.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He would have to return to Africa to find the tribal leader that captured the slave and sold him to the slave traders.I do not think the victorious Tribal leader would be willing to give the money back, however.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The "reparations" hoax has been around for some years. The last time it got people's attention was around 2000.
A lot of this was a scam to get money from people. A con man would spend the word of the reparations, then offer to file the IRS paperwork for a percentage of the return. He'd then fill out their tax form claiming many, many illegal deductions. When the check arrived he get his money and disappear. The taxpayer was then stuck with the IRS depending their money back.
The hoax appeals to many people that feel they are victims. Further, the $40,000 seems like a sure thing. Many people of course don't do a critical check of the facts.
This January, a bill, HH 40, was again reintroduce to pay reparations. Rep John Conyers Has introduced the bill every year since 1989. This tends to keep the scam running.

https://www.google.com/search?...rome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/ir-02-08.pdf

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nb...ided-america-n723151

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post