Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Ollie Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry amigo. I think a number of us can appreciate how you feel..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I understand your grief. When I lost Inky,my 20 year old companion and totally best friend,it was the end of the world.

My condolences on Ollie. He was such a good buddy to you.

Please consider your decision to not get another cat. There are so many in shelters. You would discover another true friend.

Thanks Va. Here's my situation re another cat. I live alone so when I go anywhere for more than a day or so there's no one to tend a cat. The closest person I have is my son and while he has grudgingly checked on Ollie in the past he is almost an hour away. One consideration is rescuing a cat to be a barn, or more correctly garage outside cat but two things bother me about doing this:
1) the small animals like chipmunks, snakes, fledglings, etc it would kill.
2) there are coyotes in the area and I'm afraid they might get a cat that wanders too far alone.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Ollies is gone.
I'll send Coco to show him the way home.

And all too often we learn that the price of love is grief.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Ollie. How fortunate you were to have him in your life.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Yes please send Coco!

Grief is something all of us who take on a pet know will come. I have friends who will no longer have a pet because of dealing with the grief but I tell them think of all the dogs and cats in pounds that would love the chance to live their life?

I still have my dog Sophie and she's almost as good of a dog as Ollie was a cat, which is saying something. She has a great life here with no leash or fences, 2 squares a day, goes on walks with me every day... well I walk she generally runs, loves to go camping, loves to ride with me on the SxS, and quietly sleeps at the foot of the bed (unlike Ollie who roamed around, often tromping across me to jump up on the window sill above my head a few times a night). She's napping beside me on the couch as I type this. She's 30#, 9 years old, and still pretty active.

Thank you shoevb.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry.....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
It's easier to attend a funeral, than to have to part with your pet. RIP Ollie.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Ride. I know your pain. We lost our little fuzzy child Hammy back in February to the big "C" at only 10 years old. I've net met a cat that was so dog-like as our Hammy.

I swore that we wouldn't go through that again but now that the hurt has eased we are looking to add another fuzzy member to our tribe. Pets add so much joy to our lives and the pain that we feel at their loss shows how important they are to us.

I hope that in time you will reconsider.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace Ollie.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry dude. It blows to lose a loving pet.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thank you all! Yesterday I had one of those moments, I was walking back on the driveway and when I rounded the turn and could see the house I immediately looked like I always did to see where Ollie was, on the chaise on the porch or under the porch. It just takes time.

But I am riding over to Brandywine, WV tomorrow to meet some friends for a couple days of Fall riding (which I hadn't planned on doing). I'll take Sophie to stay with my friend. Having to line someone up to tend Ollie wasn't always possible.

I'm sorry to hear about Hammy, glad to hear you're looking at adopting another one though, pics please when you do!

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Cute cat.

I was never a cat person, and always a dog person (had dogs my entire life) until my wife came home with 2 cats from the shelter, after I gave her express permission to get 1 cat.

Now we have 2 cats,and a dog (we had the dog first).

The little black cat is now "my cat" as I can't do anything without her. If i sit on the couch, she sits in my lap or climbs on my chest. If I lay in bed, she lays on my chest. If i go to take a dump, she comes in and has to rub my ankles and then sit in the bathroom sink and yell at me to turn the water on for her to drink..

I never "got" cats until I had these cats... They are cool. I love them as much as I love my dogs.

Thanks for giving your buddy a great life. I'm sure you will reunite someday.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post