SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any experience with tutanota, a secure email client?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with tutanota, a secure email client? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
A friend says he's looking into it after some others recommended it prompted by the Tech-Titan purging.

I have no clue about it ....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here's the web site:
https://tutanota.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I set up an account in the last month and it seems to be working well.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I've been using Proton mail for about a year now and like it so far. Since you posted this though I thought I'd see if there was a comparison out there somewhere.

Sure enough...

Tutanota vs Proton mail

Cliff notes version - it was a tie, but they gave the nod to Proton for having better customer service.

I'm hoping for more info from users here too.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I have both. I ended up using ProtonMail simply because when someone asks my email address they understand Proton. With Tutanota they always need me to spell it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12444 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why I went with Proton Wink

quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I have both. I ended up using ProtonMail simply because when someone asks my email address they understand Proton. With Tutanota they always need me to spell it.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a paid Protonmail account you can also have an email address ending in @pm.me and up to 5 e-mail addresses. And there’s ProtonVPN for one stop shopping.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post