SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks bendable enjoyed the interview. The anniversary of Tom's death is tomorrow. He died from leukemia in 2007.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I loved the show. People can make fun of Tom Snyder all they like, but I pray that all those episodes were archived because they are a veritable goldmine of 1970s American culture.

I agree. Tom Snyder was a slightly strange news personality, I grew up in L.A. watching him on local news when I was a kid. I also used to stay up late to watch The Tomorrow Show, primarily for the rock n roll guests. I distinctly remember the Johnny Rotten interview, with Snyder smoking his countless cigarettes, and Rotten (Lydon) verbally sparring with him. Same with the band KISS, caught with their guard down. His show was almost like a public access TV show, really sparse production values.

Johnny Carson, then Tom Snyder. The younger folks will never see anything like this again.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16720 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post