Find
Notify
Tools

Fufeng denied Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Good for Grand Forks. It appears that there is some sanity remaining in parts of this country. I'm just curious why we are even allowing China to purchase vast swaths of land in this country to begin with. Did we allow the Soviets to do that during the Cold War?

https://thepostmillennial.com/...grand-forks-air-base

North Dakota town BLOCKS Chinese firm from building near Grand Forks Air Base

The Grand Forks City Council's decision was unanimous, with all five members voting against the plan.

On Monday night, city council member in Grand Forks, North Dakota voted to prevent a Chinese agriculture company from opening a corn mill on land it had recently purchased just twelve miles from the Grand Forks Air Force Base.

The Fufeng Group's proposed project was deemed problematic by everyone from citizens to high ranking government officials, with many pointing out the potential threats to national security.

The Grand Forks City Council's decision was unanimous, with all five members voting against the plan. The verdict was celebrated by residents in attendance, some of whom were given the opportunity to voice their concerns, according to the Daily Mail.

"Why would an individual, or individuals, or a company be involved with somebody that is aggressive to the United States, especially if they're an adversary against us?" one man asked. "The only conclusion I come is up with is money, black mail, prestige, power, sedition, treason."

The Grand Forks Air Force Base has been described as "the backbone of all US military communications across the globe," and as soon as the Fufeng Group proposed their plan, military leaders spoke out against it.

Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Andrew Hunter stated in a letter to North Dakota senator John Hoeven that "the Department's view is unambiguous: the proposed project presents a significant threat to national security with both near-and long-term risks of significant impacts to our operations in the area."

Sens. Hoeven and Cramer also condemned the proposal, saying in a statement that, "we believe the city should discontinue the Fufeng project and instead we should work together to find an American company to develop the agriculture project."

The Fufeng Group denied allegations that it would facilitate activity that could be viewed as a threat to US national security, however as of late increased scrutiny has been placed on anything that even slightly appears to pose a danger from China.

Posts: 20055 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You know that things have gone down so bad that people doing the sensible thing becomes noteworthy.

I just hope it's infectious.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19633 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Last year the chinese bought a lot of land practically right next door to Lackland AFB by Del Rio TX.

Gee, no pattern, right? HMMMMM.

Google it. I've got a headache right now from 2 seconds of watching blathering buffon biden.

Posts: 11834 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Time for some eminent domaine forfeiture of the land they bought and boot the enemy out the gate.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1550 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I just don’t get it. We don’t even allow reciprocity for constitutionally protected natural rights for citizens. Yet we allow citizenship, private biz ownership, real property ownership and such to foreigners. Things that are allowed to us in their country.

If we can’t own businesses or real property in prc, they shouldn’t be allowed to own it here.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12711 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Could a corn mill operationally have any industrial dangers that could affect base operation? I see a few explosions in a search. I wonder if such an explosion could be an intended outcome.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5043 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I was stationed there for 3+ years. Never saw a cornstalk remotely close to that base. All wheat, sunflowers, and sugar beets.

Oh man, the stench from the sugar beet plant... it's all coming back... make it stop!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6849 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Cirrus aircraft was sold to the Chi-Coms probably 15 years ago in Duluth. Share the same runways as the 148th fighter wing of the ANG. They can sit in their offices and watch the comings and goings of the 148th all day.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8518 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A corn mill would be a great way to set up antennas.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
OKC Gene...minor correction. I believe you meant, Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio. Lackland AFB is in San Antonio.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post