SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Life on the U.S. - Mexico Border (Illegal Immigration)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life on the U.S. - Mexico Border (Illegal Immigration) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Worth a 7 minute watch. This country is really beyond the point of no return...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the video.
We had an opportunity to visit South Texas along the Big Bend area and it was an eye opening experience to say the least. One night while we were camping about 100 yards from the Rio Grande we had a senior border patrol official come over and talk to us. In our conversation he mentioned the exact same thing about Illegals walking from water tank to water tank on the various ranches. There is literally so much foot traffic that there are now trails that anyone can follow all leading to the highway where they get picked up…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I am unable to imagine a world where even taking the trash to the outside can at night turns into a risk. Hats off to men like this one who won't back down.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Late 70's to the late 80's I lived about two hundred miles north of the border in New Mexico.

It was bad enough back then, I cannot imagine how bad the situation is there today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8139 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
If I recall we set a new record for border crossers in July. 170,000. Beat the old record of 130,000.

We have a tent city set up here. Full of criminals.

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Our "leaders" are guilty of treason and any oath they took when they were sworn into office.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I will be down over the border on Sunday morning. My CBP radio has been chattering non-stop about intercepts and custody - its a zoo and now that the temp has fallen below 110, they're coming out like cockroaches

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Our "leaders" are guilty of treason and any oath they took when they were sworn into office.
I agree with this whole-heartedly!!! They are no more "...defending the Constitution of the United States" any more than my dead cats are. Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Another quick story about our last trip to South Tejas.

We spent a couple of nights in Big Bend Ranch State Park which is considerably more remote and difficult to access. We were in our 4x4 pop up truck camper and spent the first night at the Vista del Bofecillos campsite which was on the top of a beautiful Mesa with a 20 mile view down to the Rio Grande and the town of Presidio. When we checked in at the Ranger station the Rangers warned us that we would be in a very remote area of the park and to be careful as black bears and javelinas were in the area.

Anyway the weather was warm but the views were amazing. As we watched the sunset my wife decided to use our outdoor shower without the shower enclosure as we were (we thought!) miles from anyone.

We went to bed later that night and about 2 AM were awakened by a LEO’s pick up truck about 50 feet away with all their lights on, but no siren or motor running… I wasn’t sure what to do, but I had my 239 next to our bed just in case…About 20 minutes later he started the truck and slowly drove off…

The next morning about 7am I’m outside getting coffee ready and 3 border patrol agents drive up in a Razr. I walked over to greet them and ask them if they wanted some coffee (they declined) and told me that last night about 9pm they got a 911 call and by triangulating the call they said it came from our general area.. Evidently the “process” for these migrants is that when they get in trouble they call 911 and a ranger will show up, turn their lights on and the illegals walk toward them to be rescued…

They apologized about the BP agent not knocking on our door and letting us know what was happening (my wife was pretty shook up). I mentioned that we were hoping to see some wildlife, particularly javalinas and one of the agents joked that we were more likely to see some Guatemalans than javalinas…

All day my wife kept saying that she’ll never shower outside again!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
If I recall we set a new record for border crossers in July. 170,000. Beat the old record of 130,000.

We have a tent city set up here. Full of criminals.

You're a little low, but nice guess.

200k Apprehensions plus estimated 37k that evaded CBP.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post