SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    House shoes.....need some recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House shoes.....need some recommendations Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I get home from work, I get on the rower, get sweaty, take a shower, put on fresh clothes. Of course the next day I don't reuse the drawers and socks.

Which is making me run through my socks pretty damn quick.

So what's a good, comfortable house shoe I can wear around the house sans socks? Something to keep the feet warm in winter, but not all sweaty in the summer?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I may get slaughtered for this, but I bought a pair of indoor crocks. A little bit of arch support and easy to wipe down if I have to head out to the garage for a sec and forget that I am wearing my ‘slippers’.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12339 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
These are popular in my house. [URL=RockDove Men's Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L...QM5C9BBKT79ZJY1]Link. [/URL]

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I use the LL bean scuffs/slippers. Very comfortable and warm. I don’t use them as much in the summer, but 9-10 months are awesome.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pair of Birkenstock sandals has been my go-to house shoe for about 20 years now. Easy on and off and make my feet feel,good.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I wear these pretty much year round - just put socks on when it’s cold. I have some warm slippers with soles that I wear around the house sometimes in the winter. The great thing about these crocs is that I leave the laces tied and just slip them on and off and they look like sneakers unless you get real close so I wear them to the store and all around. Of course someone here recommended them a while back.

Crocs Men's LiteRide Pacer Sneaker | Comfortable Sneakers for Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Crocks or Birkenstocks...Both make you look like a buffoon but man do they feel good on tired old dogs. I tried hard to stay away from the Crocks but honestly, they are pretty awesome. Can run out and check my mail or work in the yard. Get them dirty, just take them into the shower when you go. Easy, no fuss solution, but again, you will look like Ronald McDonald wearing them. IDGAF Cool

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Crocs...I mean they're just rubber, right? My house can be chilly, and the idea is to NOT use up my socks; winter or summer.

And like muted says, IDGAF about appearances. I'm already pretty goofy. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I may get slaughtered for this, but I bought a pair of indoor crocks. A little bit of arch support and easy to wipe down if I have to head out to the garage for a sec and forget that I am wearing my ‘slippers’.

As long as no one else sees you...

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are Made in USA and cheap at only $20.
You can wear them in the shower and they have wonderful arch support.
I wear them year round in Texas but they do nothing to keep your feet warm.

https://www.okabashi.com/collections/mens-shoes

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I use crocs for my “gardening shoes” and they are comfortable.

I really think you’ll need different pairs for summer and winter.

Summer, honestly, try to find a leather flip flop

Winter, I have some Austrian sterling lined slippers that are great. I can try to find a brand.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have an excellent (and expensive) pair of soft leather house shoes that I bought from Nordstrom.

But I don’t wear ‘em any longer. Instead, I wear what might be called house socks. Socks with rubber-like anti-slip pads on their soles.

There are many offerings on Amazon. Search for “house socks”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8980 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ Crocs. I have a pair lined with faux sheepskin that keeps my feet toasty. And I occasionally walk to the mailbox with them on.
The neighbors are aghast! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Sorel in winter.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I swear by Birkenstocks. Probably about 8-10 years ago, I had plantar fasciitis until my podiatrist suggested I wear either Crocs or Birkenstocks around the house - no bare feet or sock feet. Every morning when I would roll out of bed my feet killed me. I ran into a pair of Birkenstocks on sale for about $39, so I tried them. After a couple weeks of slipping into the Birkenstocks first thing in the morning (and after I get home and take off my boots), my PF disappeared. They’re frickin’ magic shoes, I tell ya’! I’m on my second pair, and I will always have a pair of my “magic shoes” around from now on...

But, in the interest of full disclosure, I also wear (at the podiatrist’s suggestion) orthotic inserts in all my shoes/boots. So I can’t say for certain it was all due to the Birkenstocks, but I am certain they are at least 75% of my cure. And they do feel great under my feet.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Birkenstock’s Arizona sandals. Not the SFB or EVA models, but the original cork foot bed. They are absolutely the best foot support I’ve ever worn.

I had a back injury 5 years ago that left me with permanent nerve damage. Now I’m unable to walk barefoot without significant discomfort. The Birkenstock’s are like magic (as mentioned above).

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
These are awesome: https://olukai.com/products/mo...ers-toffee-dark-wood

Warm enough with out being hot and really comfortable.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Sorel in winter.

Sorel year 'round.

Don't get me wrong, I love Crocs and have worn them at work for 16 years now (same pair), but my Sorel slippers have been perfect for home use for nearly as long.

I'm not sure they make my model still, but I bought two extra pairs and have them in the closet just in case they discontinued them.

Posts: 20120 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a pair of slip on, knock off clogs. Something quick for wearing with a bathing suit.

Never had a pair before and didn't expect to like them as well as it turned out.

I find myself removing my boots and slipping them on all the time now.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Ugg slippers when it is cooler. Flip flops when it is warmer.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post