SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Costa Rica as a vacation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costa Rica as a vacation Login/Join 
posted
So I have a relative who is burning up their frequent flyer miles and taking the whole family (4 kids, 12-18) to Costa Rica for a vacation (February). For those who’ve been there, what were some of the finer points of interest and not-to-miss experiences you’ve enjoyed?

On a side note, what travel insurance packages do people recommend?

Thanks in adavance!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I've purchased AIG's Travel Guard insurance, but luckily have never had to make a claim.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW and I have been five or six times.

Shoot me an e-mail. There’s waaay to much to post here.

Don’t let them book anything yet, either. I have a local source for everything.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Burton! I’ll shoot you an email!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I've been there on cruises, as well as surfing trips to the western side.

If you like surfing, its a fun trip.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I had some horn dog buddies that loved the local ladies and vacationed in CR frequently. Wink

Posts: 4703 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The recent crime rate is trending upwards fast.

https://costa-rica-guide.com/t...crime/violent-crime/

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have been 5 or 6 times also, including a mountain bike trip from San Jose to Manauga,Nicaragua.
And a 2 week photo shoot for the ICT tourism board.
I had a great time every trip.

Posts: 1981 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Also have been there several times including a 2 week kayak trip circumnavigating Golfo Dulce.

Friendly people and beautiful country. The coffee is pretty good too!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6337 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post