SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Financial Freedom, Finally
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Financial Freedom, Finally Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted
Yup, no consumer debt. House and cars are paid off; no plastic debt; just the monthly living expenses, semi-annual insurance bill and real estate taxes. NOW we can enjoy retirement.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Feels good don’t it?
We paid off the house a few months ago. Everything we make from now on goes to retirement. We’ve already funded the kids college fund.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11236 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Amazing! How long did it take you to pay off the house? I hope to be in that position in the next 7 years. Paid off consumer debt in 2020 but still have the house.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7052 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I felt that way too, until I got my property tax assessment. They've decided to more than double my tax bill for next year.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I felt that way too, until I got my property tax assessment. They've decided to more than double my tax bill for next year.

I never see the property and personal property tax bills. My wife always used to pay them when she was working, and she has kept doing it after retirement. She knows I don't want to know! My buddy was trying to complain about his tax bills
yesterday, and I put my hands over my ears and sang the Baby Shark song.

Part of my Serenity Now program.

Congratulations M-11, you are a member of an elite group. Enjoy your retirement.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It feels great, doesn't it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nice, working on paying off house and in a few months it should be paid off.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Congratulations!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I was in that position in mid 1994, something I'd looked forward to for most of my life.

But interestingly enough, the day it happened was anticlimactic for me and Mrs. Flash.

It was kind of like "aren't we supposed to be screaming and yelling and dancing in the streets?"

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We paid off ours 4 years ago and only have living expenses. It’s a great feeling that’s for sure. Still have Illinois taxes which blows.

Posts: 3872 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
Yup, no consumer debt. House and cars are paid off; no plastic debt; just the monthly living expenses, semi-annual insurance bill and real estate taxes. NOW we can enjoy retirement.

Congrats. I know how good it feels. I was able to get there a few years back.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, it's a great feeling!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Amazing! How long did it take you to pay off the house? I hope to be in that position in the next 7 years. Paid off consumer debt in 2020 but still have the house.

It was a 30yr, but after 10 we refinanced on a 15 and paid that off in 2020 before I retired, a year early. That was the goal. So, about 24 yrs. instead of 30.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Great job.

I only have the mortgage left, and I'm plugging away at that with extra principal payments, with the plan to have it paid off before retirement.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. That is the dream

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I know how it feels!!

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Enjoy living!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

You'll sleep a lot better living in your own house instead of the bank's house.

I've done the same many years ago and there is no other feeling like it.

Posts: 9107 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, M-11, everything is easier now!! Cool

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post