SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump pardons Army 1st LT Lorance, MAJ Goldstein and restores SEAL Gallagher to CPO rank...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump pardons Army 1st LT Lorance, MAJ Goldstein and restores SEAL Gallagher to CPO rank... Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The man who claims he killed Osama bin Laden is backing President Trump's contentious decision to restore the rank of Eddie Gallagher - the Navy SEAL demoted after being convicted of posing with the corpse of an Iraqi civilian.

In an interview on Monday, Robert O'Neill, the Navy SEAL crediting with shooting bin Laden during the 2011 raid on his Abbottabad compound, also hit out at 'whiny'  Pentagon officials, some of whom are said to be angered over the President's intervening in military affairs.

Speaking with The Washington Examiner, O'Neill stated:  'Everyone knows Gallagher will always be a SEAL... they'll never be able to take that away from him'.

He added: 'It's a special designation. SEALs go through the hardest training in the world… basically beating you up. It turns you into a special warrior'…”

https://mol.im/a/7725907

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, but I don't recall the media slamming Obama after he made a few questionable decisions about the military. Some examples:

Taking down Libya
Pardoning Bradley Manning
Trading five terrorists for Bowie Bergdahl
Giving Iran $2 billlion

There may have been a few GOs on Fox criticizing BHO, but IIRC the media was silent.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
"The rule of law is what sets us apart from our adversaries," Spencer wrote. "Good order and discipline is what has enabled our victory against foreign tyranny time and time again."

Yet, today Spencer still insists on challenging his now former chain of command. So, fighting against the CIC's call is, what? Good order and discipline?

It seems the FORMER Secretary of the Navy is so committed to his convictions, or the ones he wanted, that he failed to see the big picture of where he stood in the chain of command.

How can his public challenges be considered good order and discipline?

How is any part of his constitutional oath he says is so violated triggered simply by the president's decision to pardon? The president's power to pardon is in the constitution.

Spencer's is a gripe against the constitution, not some protection of it.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Wasn't sure where to put this. I found another thread, while relevant, considered this one more appropriate.

This is a 5+ hour interview of Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher with Navy Seal Shawn Ryan. I surmise in anticipation of Gallagher's upcoming book.

It took me a few days to get through it, but very disturbing and compelling.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJCGboivPk

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more winning

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I am celebrating with everyone else on this thread. It just shows the true nature of Trump and one of the many facets of the man that people like.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Wasn't sure where to put this. I found another thread, while relevant, considered this one more appropriate.

This is a 5+ hour interview of Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher with Navy Seal Shawn Ryan. I surmise in anticipation of Gallagher's upcoming book.

It took me a few days to get through it, but very disturbing and compelling.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJCGboivPk

Expat thank you for posting the video. I had only briefly heard of Eddie Gallagher’s case and had no idea of the BS he had to endure... Well worth the time.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would fix the JAG core is to make them serve on the front lines for two years, before they go work at a desk.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Absolutely fantastic. I couldn’t be happier!!!

***Edit... I could be happier. My wife (Korean who immigrated legally and became a US Citizen) just came and held up her wine glass and said “A toast to those three patriots. God bless our President for giving them freedom.”

Makes me love this woman even more.

You take good care of that patriot. She is a jewel.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
What would fix the JAG coreCorps is to make them serve on the front lines for two years, before they go work at a desk.

JAG's can be attached to combat units, usually as low as the Bn HQ-level; having a restricted line officer facing direct combat, I'm not sure does much other than putting an untrained liability within the unit. Marine pilots who are looking to further their careers, have to check the box serving as a ground liaison officer at some point, which includes attending a handful of infantry schools and exercises. Restricted officers within the Navy do serve onboard ships, mainly within Engineering, Medical/Dental, Crypto, Supply, Chaplain, larger ships may have a JAG man attached.

In light of all the failings within Navy's JAG Corps, there was supposed to have been a reckoning. Not sure if that's already happened or, they've been dragging their feet, while watching the election, seeing whom gets elected. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
What would fix the JAG core is to make them serve on the front lines for two years, before they go work at a desk.

Its not the JAG Corps that is the problem alone, it is the civilian attorneys, particularly those in political appointee positions.

That said, for 15 years I was fortunate enough to work with some of the best lawyers in the fed.gov and all of them were military and civilian lawyers in DoD. Other than them, my view of attorneys in the fed.gov is jaded, to say the least.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Halfway done with the interview. Goes by faster if watching at 1.5x speed.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Outstanding job by our President.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post