SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Genoa salami – good lunch meat
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Genoa salami – good lunch meat Login/Join 
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
Two words:
Hebrew National.

I know it isn't in the same category, but man, do I love that stuff!

“Genoa salami is typically made with pork as the predominant ingredient.”

So I doubt very much that Hebrew National makes it. This is the Genoa salami thread.

And yet, you yourself introduced Brookyn Brand Smoked Beef Salami to the thread.

I was, in fact, referring to Hebrew National Beef Salami.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3158 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Thanks! I’ll look for it. Ralph’s (as Kroger is named in San Diego) has a kosher section. Might find it there.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
He was referring to hot dogs. Roll Eyes

Nope.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
One word: Nathans Smile

Actually, my One word for hotdogs is Feltmans.

Feltmans

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3158 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
By George! According to google Feltman's hot dogs are available at Von’s, a grocery store about 1/2 mile south of my home. I go there often.

Thanks for that too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
[
Actually, my One word for hotdogs is Feltmans.
I'd like to try them, but I can't find them for sale anywhere near me.

One thing I really miss about the NY / NJ area is the great selection of food.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Never met a salami i didn’t like! Genoa is my favorite!

Posts: 7733 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Precision Enthusiast
posted Hide Post
Pipe Smoker - have you tried Colombus Genoa salame? It's available at Vons, usually by the deli. Grab a good sourdough bread, some cheese and I've got my lunch!

Posts: 122 | Registered: August 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm not an expert in salami varieties but the Olympia brand has been reliably tasty.

For hot dogs, again not an expert, but do you guys have thoughts on Snake River? I usually buy sausages (currently partial to Niman Ranch Fat Tire bratwurst) but when I buy hot dogs, usually it's Snake River. Great taste (to me), texture and snap.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post