SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone use Tekton or Capri tools?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone use Tekton or Capri tools? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have usually in the past used Craftsman or Snap-On tools, but I used them for a living and they were used very hard. I don't wrench on stuff anymore and I need some for home use now, I see these have some sets for reasonable prices, but are they crap?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have some tekton stuff. Been okay for the price around the house. Made in Taiwan so a little more comfortable than prc. Not the same feel as US made but they haven’t broken and caused injury during use yet.

Wrenches, torque wrench, hacksaw, some drivers.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12751 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I have some Capri tools so far they have done the job and not failed. The Capri tools I bought were Made in Taiwan and seemed like a step up from many made in China tools.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered this set of Tekton gunsmith punches from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come with a really nice laser engraved walnut base and I've used them a couple of times - once to free a stuck firing pin on my dubious purchase of a Remington R51. (Love the ergonomics, it hasn't proven its reliability).

The pin punches seem very well made, and I suspect they will outlast me.

drendean

Posts: 49 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Tekton impact wrenches. They might not be the best, but their warranty is hard to beat.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Tekton torque wrench and a Capri blow nozzle. Both work fine and I will prob. get another nozzle because one is not enough.

I would also recommend Air Cat for air tools I really like my air impact and air ratchet.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’m satisfied w/ my Tekton torque wrench. I store it properly and it has held its calibration for several years.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
coming from a complete line of snap on tools to a home shop of tekton, I have to say they are not bad, I also buy the lowes sockets and end wrench's and they have held up just fine. couple that with a harbor freight roll around tool box on sale and I have a decent set.

Posts: 5603 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Capri torque works fine (15 - 60 inch pounds?). I don't use it extensively, but it has a good feel. Can't say how it would hold up to more extensive / commercial use.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post