SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I think we will look back on January 6, 2021 as a tragic day; a day that, for many reasons, will "live in infamy".

I also think we will look back on President Trump as in many ways a tragic hero like those of the Greek tragedies.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Term limits for SCOTUS but not for congress. Hypocrites.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Term limits for SCOTUS but not for congress. Hypocrites.

I believe there are term limits for SCOTUS - you may only serve one term. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I was informed by a customer today (who has never steered me wrong) to just wait, good things are in the making. Gossip, I know, but he has told me many truths that the news stations have never put out there.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do have one advantage, that the more power the Dems have the more they will sabotage themselves by poor governance. They will piss more and more people off by stomping on the Bill of Rights. As the economy slows, many persons will realize how good they had it under Trump.

Undoubtably the Dems will try to steal all future elections, but they will make many enemies along the way.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...the-capitol-n2582766

Utah Man With a History of Organizing Violent Antifa, BLM Protests, Was Inside the Capitol

A young man named John Sullivan was there. He's from Utah and the founder of "Insurgence USA," which is a group dedicated to "racial justice and police reform." According to numerous news reports, he has a history of organizing leftist protests and identifies with Black Lives Matter.

Over the summer, Sullivan was arrested after organizing a violent riot in Utah that ended with a shooting. One of the host groups was the Salt Lake Antifascist [Antifa] Coalition.

At the U.S. Capitol, Sullivan was standing next to Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt when she was shot and killed by a police officer. In fact, he filmed it.

KUTV has confirmed a Utah man involved in violent protests in Utah this Spring was in D.C & stormed the Capitol amid violent protests.
@JimSpiewak
spoke to him. The story on 2 News at 10. His most often used hashtags: #blm #antifa #burn #fuckthesystem #abolishthepolice #fucktrump

On two of his Twitter feeds, you'll find retweets of footage from Black Lives Matter riots. His profile photo advertises a planned anti-Trump rally on January 6. His Instagram page, where additional footage of previous riots and protests was posted, is no longer available. He also retweeted an Antifa page.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
So when SCOTUS has a chance to, they will become our only checker and balancer ... This is my hope and my prayer.

This is not lost on the dems. They are already calling for "court packing" and various avenues are being explored to do so ... SCOTUS term limits, additional justices etc etc.
Term limits for SCOTUS Justices would require an Amendment to the Constitution and I doubt that 38 state legislatures would go for it. Adding Justices is in the hands of Congress--they can increase its size if they want to (and they DO want to). That was why keeping the Republican majority in the Senate was so crucial (and failed)--the way is open for that to happen. However, I think there are some Democrats who would balk at the action.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
We do have one advantage, that the more power the Dems have the more they will sabotage themselves by poor governance. They will piss more and more people off by stomping on the Bill of Rights. As the economy slows, many persons will realize how good they had it under Trump.

Undoubtably the Dems will try to steal all future elections, but they will make many enemies along the way.
Unfortunately, making enemies will not keep them from doing stupid things.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...to-protests-n2582757

One of the sticking points was the slow law enforcement response that took hours to help the overwhelmed Capitol Police.

On Tuesday, the day before the Trump rally, Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) posted a letter explaining she did not want extra federal law enforcement personnel in Washington, D.C. unless the city's police department was consulted first.

"To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway," Bowser tweeted along with a picture of the letter she sent to Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, and Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...the-capitol-n2582766

Utah Man With a History of Organizing Violent Antifa, BLM Protests, Was Inside the Capitol

A young man named John Sullivan was there. He's from Utah and the founder of "Insurgence USA," which is a group dedicated to "racial justice and police reform." According to numerous news reports, he has a history of organizing leftist protests and identifies with Black Lives Matter.

Over the summer, Sullivan was arrested after organizing a violent riot in Utah that ended with a shooting. One of the host groups was the Salt Lake Antifascist [Antifa] Coalition.

At the U.S. Capitol, Sullivan was standing next to Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt when she was shot and killed by a police officer. In fact, he filmed it.

KUTV has confirmed a Utah man involved in violent protests in Utah this Spring was in D.C & stormed the Capitol amid violent protests.
@JimSpiewak
spoke to him. The story on 2 News at 10. His most often used hashtags: #blm #antifa #burn #fuckthesystem #abolishthepolice #fucktrump

On two of his Twitter feeds, you'll find retweets of footage from Black Lives Matter riots. His profile photo advertises a planned anti-Trump rally on January 6. His Instagram page, where additional footage of previous riots and protests was posted, is no longer available. He also retweeted an Antifa page.

Yeah and he is a real piece of shit. I was a cop in the city where he lives. He has been spinning up for months with his BLM support. No one in Utah is surprised to hear he made his way to D.C.

He doesn't do anything alone. He is an organizer and usually manages 30-40 radicalized idiots.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
So when SCOTUS has a chance to, they will become our only checker and balancer ... This is my hope and my prayer.

This is not lost on the dems. They are already calling for "court packing" and various avenues are being explored to do so ... SCOTUS term limits, additional justices etc etc.
Term limits for SCOTUS Justices would require an Amendment to the Constitution and I doubt that 38 state legislatures would go for it. Adding Justices is in the hands of Congress--they can increase its size if they want to (and they DO want to). That was why keeping the Republican majority in the Senate was so crucial (and failed)--the way is open for that to happen. However, I think there are some Democrats who would balk at the action.

flashguy

I pray you’re correct about this one. My biggest fear is eliminating the filibuster and packing the courts like the left started clamoring for as soon as it was realized that they won both seats in Georgia. Biden himself has stated he does not support either action in the past....let’s just hope he holds true to that and does not cave to the demands of the radical left. I’m not willing to put money on that though....he’s obviously of weak character and loose morals.

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that the capitol invasion was planned ahead of time. Antifa's buses rolled in and they waited for the right opportunity. They robbed Trump of the Presidency and they robbed him of the full impact of an electoral protest. Now they've turned him into a pariah. This was also a planned smear of his supporters. They will relentlessly hound Trump and do all that's possible to ruin any hope of a Trump led opposition.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the scotus website:

Who decides how many Justices are on the Court? Have there always been nine?

The Constitution places the power to determine the number of Justices in the hands of Congress. The first Judiciary Act, passed in 1789, set the number of Justices at six, one Chief Justice and five Associates. Over the years Congress has passed various acts to change this number, fluctuating from a low of five to a high of ten. The Judiciary Act of 1869 fixed the number of Justices at nine and no subsequent change to the number of Justices has occurred.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/faq_general.aspx

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't believe Biden will have much of a say in anything. I think his masters will direct him on exactly what to say. And they probably fear he'll even fuck that up.

As for antifa being bussed in yesterday, are there any links to prove this?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:

Tommy Robinson's Parler account has it posted. The police open the barricade, and a guy already behind the barricade wearing a hoodie waves for everyone to come in.

Did you notice that just to the right there were a ton of people just milling around and not behind a barricade? It's like the barricade was put up in one spot for a photo op.

Granny was 25 yards past where the barricade was just people watching...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...&utm_content=curated

Pelosi and Schumer demand Pence invoke the 25th or they will start impeachment process

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, what does it really matter if it was conservatives or Antifa? People are trying to explain it away with grainy photos from social media and whatnot.

Many need to accept that some people have become desperate. Their voices are censored on popular modes of communication. Their votes have been marginalized. What does that leave? If you have cancer, and you continue to try to explain it away, it eventually will kill you. I think many people, mainly those on the left, need to take heed that some people are desperate.

When you look at history, this happens. It’s happened here before. To ignore history is far more dangerous than police officers with strains and sprains and some broken glass.

If something doesn’t change, to which by the words today of the media, Pelosi, Schumer and Biden, (all who seem to forget just last week they were calling for “unity”) doesn’t seem like it will, who rushed the building this time doesn’t matter. Cause next time it will be conservatives.

There are no modes of change left that haven’t been co-opted and minimalized by the left. It is arrogant of us to look at history and claim that we are some how morally superior.

Something needs done before it does become violent.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure Biden will be president for very long - Pelosi and Harris have already started the removal process for him, with Harris appointing Pelosi her new VP.

So we get a whore and a whore that no one specifically voted for as the leaders.

What kind of country do you think we will have once these two get the power they so desperately want?

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with angry conservatives storming the building, I just didn't want it done while the electoral protest was happening.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
When you look at history, this happens. It’s happened here before. To ignore history is far more dangerous than police officers with strains and sprains and some broken glass.

... who rushed the building this time doesn’t matter. Cause next time it will be conservatives.

Yep it's happened before. In fact a few of my ancestors and friends tried something like it and it led to a Civil War (war of northern aggression). 161yrs later and we're still hearing about it, being marginalized and belittled. Not a future I look forward to as a conservative.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post