SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen Chuck posted yet.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I realise there are some valid reasons for mail-in and absentee ballots. Being too damn lazy to go to your local polling place once every four years is not one of those reasons.

This ^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
This all could've been avoided by in-person voting with a photo ID requirement.

And voting machines that didn't suffer "glitches"

For those that may not be aware: As a retired hardware and software developer I'm here to tell you the hardware and software needed to scan a ballot and total-up the votes should be so mind-numbingly trivial one would have to literally try in order to bugger it up.

In short: These "glitches" about which you're hearing? Yeah... not "glitches."

Want to know what else in the process would be trivial? Securely transporting the vote totals from each individual machine to the system to tally them all. You could literally do it securely with a standard, off-the-shelf thumb drive. I kid you not. The software to total the individual machines' sub-totals? Even more trivial than the rest.

I've been reading of all these problems with voting machines over the last few years and thinking "Somebody's got to be screwing this up on purpose. It just ain't that fracking difficult."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
"The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories."

Wow, Wikipedia has a high opinion of them...

Can we trust the claims about 130k in GA and 19,500 in WI?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

And other than active duty military stationed outside the USA, no mail in ballots!

Nothing wrong with absentee ballots.
I agree, as long as they are for valid reasons and require very strong security measures (double envelope, voter signature on outer envelope and either a witness signature or notary execution; ballot request also has voter signature for comparison). Ballots must be received by end of Election day.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I don't think the left wants to tangle with truckers...they're not known of being 'wussies.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/pers...-supply-chain-coffin

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I guess I don’t understand why people hang on every word from media personalities worried to death on what they say, or interpretations of what they might have meant.

Why do you care?
It’s indoctrination.
Same thing is practiced in higher learning institutions.
Repeat it often enough and it becomes fact, in the minds of many.

President Elect, President Elect, President Elect.

Just keep repeating the lie.
When Biden becomes the President Reject, there will be mass damage to cities stirred on by what the media has implanted in the minds of many.

The press are called the Fourth Estate, the fourth branch of government.

I'll suggest there is a fifth, the one that rules them all, the Court of Public Opinion. Let's call that the American people, the one most targeted and manipulated by the powers that be, the one whose approval is most sought after. If ultimately Justice John Roberts sells our country and the Western world down the river, the Court of Public Opinion will be his bitch.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
I don't think the left wants to tangle with truckers...they're not known of being 'wussies.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/pers...-supply-chain-coffin

$.02 worth.

Boss

It was this kind of effort to which I was earlier alluding when, in response to another comment, I wrote something like "Just stop buying. If it isn't a literal necessity, don't buy it."

Right now I'm arguing with myself over whether to take advantage of a very sweet 3-for-2 deal on golf balls at my local golf store, because I've decided to turn the spending tap "off" until the election is un-stolen or the pretender to the throne is gone, whichever comes first.

It isn't the people that voted for the demented old clown or the ones rioting in the streets that keep our economy going. It's people like you and me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing I have purchased since the election is food (fresh vegetables), HSGI Taco Mag Pouches and an IFAK pouch from SKD tactical to prepare for the coming fight (my plate carrier was being run slick).

I justified it by ensuring all items were made in the USA from US materials and labor.

Oh... and bought a Carhartt Winter Cap (also made in the USA).

I am doing everything I can to starve the fed, state and local governments of tax revenue and lefty leaning businesses of income.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

And other than active duty military stationed outside the USA, no mail in ballots!

Nothing wrong with absentee ballots.
I agree, as long as they are for valid reasons and require very strong security measures (double envelope, voter signature on outer envelope and either a witness signature or notary execution; ballot request also has voter signature for comparison). Ballots must be received by end of Election day.

flashguy

I think we would help ourselves not to abbreviate and mix all mail in ballots together. Mailing live ballots to uncorroborated addresses which we understand to have great potential for misuse (ballot harvesting, ect), is not the same as military, or confirmed absentee ballots.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Razorfist is serious, took his glasses off. NSFW as usual:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMUTYCPLvH4

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Apparently the dominant social media sites are deleting posts about this as fast as they appear, so pass it on: March for Trump

posted Hide Post
Guyliner and gloves detract from his message.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Mike Pompeo. You're The Man. Cool Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...sb8&feature=emb_logo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16690 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
More Than 10,000 Dead People Cast Ballots in Michigan, Analysis Shows

More than 10,000 people confirmed or suspected dead have returned their mail-in ballots to vote in Michigan, according to an analysis of the state’s election data.

About 9,500 voters confirmed dead through the Social Security Death Index (SSDI) are marked in the state’s mail voting database as having returned ballots. Another nearly 2,000 are 100 years old or more and aren’t listed as known living centenarians.

The analysis was provided by Richard Baris, director of Big Data Poll.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...reaking-2020-11-10-2

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I think Trump’s plan is to use lists generated from the Stimulus Checks to confirm address eligibility.

Just a thought. Not sure if it’s even relevant.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
for what it's worth, nbc just can't wait anymore...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ts?icid=election_nav

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

??

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ az4783054, mind telling us why you post a link to that shit here? Not only did you post the link without a hint of any relevant info, then when folks click on it, oh it's NBC telling you Biden won and will become blah blah blah... Roll Eyes

I didn't say I agreed with it, just posting what the damn media is doing before anything is decided in the courts. It means nothing to me either, but it's out there.

You're welcome to click the yellow triangle and have it deleted if you want.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I didn't say I agreed with it, just posting what the damn media is doing before anything is decided in the courts. It means nothing to me either, but it's out there.

You're welcome to click the yellow triangle and have it deleted if you want.

Why post that though? We have seen that for a week. Just trying to understand not jump on you.