SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need 20 year wedding anniversary gift ideas UPDATED
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need 20 year wedding anniversary gift ideas UPDATED Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What about a nice vacuum cleaner or a new iron?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A subscription to the jelly of the month club; as Cousin Eddie says “it’s the gift that keeps giving all year long.”

A trip a month in Europe, or someplace she drops hints at, if she’s not the jewelry type, instinctively you’ll know.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Tell her for the 20 yr. gift you'll take her to New Zeland......and for her 50th .....you bring her back.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4588 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If you want your marriage to last longer than 20 years, the secret is always be taking your wife to different places.

Like for our 30th anniversary which was eight months ago, I took my wife to Cancun. Next month, I'm going back to pick her up and take her someplace else.

ETA: Crap, I see roarindan already beat me to it. But I still like my delivery so I'm leaving this post.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19719 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was thinking, “does he do divorces?” Or “is his sense of humor just as twisted as mine”

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife & I have been married for "more than 20 years." usually sometime in July, one of us will say,
"Hey! Our anniversary was last month wasn't it?" "Yeah, that's right!"
"Wanna go out to eat, and celebrate?"
"Nah."
"OK."

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Just did the 48th anniversary a couple months ago and as par for the course I missed it again.. But in my favor have a get out of jail card because we actually have two seperate anniversary dates 1st was by a justice of the peace near Witicha Falls , Texas then several yeears later the 2nd one was a Army chapel on Ft. Greely, Alaska because she wanted the White dress.................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2028 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I took my first wife to Australia for our 20th. Went back and got her for our 25th.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:

I was thinking, “does he do divorces?” Or “is his sense of humor just as twisted as mine”

The latter! I snickered at this exchange.

Congratulations on your milestone! I vote for a trip to a place you've never been. Memories are great to make.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm married and I resent that anniversary gifts go one way. At least mine does.

Posts: 680 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Best gift advice that I received was to buy her a Louis Vuitton purse. I had to go on a recon mission in her closet to see what size and style she preferred, then make my selection. The gift was a home run. Something she'd never splurge on for herself.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A Nightforce Beast or something from Schmidt & Bender...

Wait, what was the question again?

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just got this back from David at Mimi’s Jewelry

The center diamond is her engagement ring, David added another ring with two side diamonds to accentuate the original stone. Her grandmother had the same thing done years ago and Mrs. Mike wanted the two rings thing…I don’t know what it’s called, but anyway FedEX just dropped it off.

And since David soldered the two rings together she’s gonna get her gift early.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Our best anniversaries have been trips, whether short-range for a weekend or out-of-state for a week.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
What a stunning ring! I’m sure she’ll love it. Again, congratulations.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5354 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd vote for a nice vacation trip, someplace very special.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We rented a cabin in Vermont for our 20th. It’s a September anniversary so the leaves were peaking. The Mrs. enjoyed that.

Posts: 977 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Dave comes through again!

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post