SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need 20 year wedding anniversary gift ideas UPDATED
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need 20 year wedding anniversary gift ideas UPDATED Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
My 20 year wedding anniversary will be here in March. I need ideas now so I can get ahead of the game.

I have no idea how much I want to spend.

I have no idea what she might want.

Dave Truong can chime in any time he likes. I’ll be looking at his website later.

Updated on page 2 with pics.
David does great work!
Super easy guy to work with and fast!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Your last line was my first thought, Call Dave!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does your gift have to be material?

Could a vacation or, a fine dining meal suffice? Create memories together and perhaps something to look forward to for the next anniversary?

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Does your gift have to be material?

Could a vacation …

I was thinking a nice vacation also. For our 20th, I took the wife to the Caribbean for a week.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
If you can make it work, I vote trip over thing/stuff. Unless she's very stuff-oriented. My wife isn't, and so experiences together win. But sometimes, kids and life make that hard. We did a B&B and an amazing dinner for our 20th.

Posts: 11396 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
25 year anniversary faced same question. Decided to go place rather than a dinner and a movie.

Vacation to Sedona, AZ in the fall. Trip to the GC. Cowboy show and dinner. Sunsets.

The SW Airlines vacation package, with a stay in the Village At Oak Park, is very nice.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5071 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
My wife doesn't like jewelry, but loves these. Birthdays, anniversaries.....

Roses

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Recreate your first date, anniversary, gift you gave her then (does that gift need to be cleaned/more stones added/etc.) and then at the end of this '2nd date' surprise her with a new gift of what she currently likes to do, gardening, sewing, etc. Congrats.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1381 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Whether a keepsake or an experience, what she wants is to know that you love her even more than you did when you asked her to marry you. Whatever you do should be intended to reinforce that idea. You know better than anyone what makes your wife happy, give her that. Bonus points if it is something that she knows you are sacrificing your personal desires to give.

And congratulations for making 20, a significant milestone, and one fewer couples seem to be willing to attempt these days.

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Whether a keepsake or an experience, what she wants is to know that you love her even more than you did when you asked her to marry you. Whatever you do should be intended to reinforce that idea. You know better than anyone what makes your wife happy, give her that. Bonus points if it is something that she knows you are sacrificing your personal desires to give.

And congratulations for making 20, a significant milestone, and one fewer couples seem to be willing to attempt these days.

Perfectly written!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Vacation. You could buy her a trinket there as a keepsake, or present your gift from Dave in a special place while there.

Does she like to travel? Does she like jewelry? Flowers?
These are important questions that will help steer you.
I remember someone gifting my husband flowers last year, and I remember thinking, wtf? He hates flowers. Clearly someone who didn’t know or care to learn.
Good luck. You have time.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5350 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long weekend get-away at the mountains, or the beach. Rent a Jeep, or a convertible. Cook for her on an outdoor fire.

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

If you've been married for 20 years and still don't know what your wife likes, I'm not sure any of us can be of any help! Big Grin

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Don't just look at David's website, give him a call or chat via email. You can describe in general terms what you're thinking in terms of items, price, etc. and he will help you figure out a perfect solution and either source or make it for you.

He's so much more than just a retail website, take advantage of that. I'm pretty sure he loves that stuff!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12442 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

If you've been married for 20 years and still don't know what your wife likes, I'm not sure any of us can be of any help! Big Grin

Thanks Rogue. She’s got a pirates chest of jewelry that she hardly ever wears…

I’ll prolly go with some kinda diamond ring

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What about a nice vacuum cleaner or a new iron?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was highly amused when this topic was juxtaposed in front of the one looking for a good clothes dryer.
But now I have ruined it.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:

And, in keeping with this wisdom, don’t underestimate the card AND what you write on it.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

HaHaHaHa

All the romance of…an attorney Big Grin

Posts: 13302 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

HaHaHaHa

All the romance of…an attorney Big Grin

Shhhh, I'm trying drum up business.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post