SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brave browser and SigSauer website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brave browser and SigSauer website Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted
I don't know if it was just me but when going to Sig's website today the navigation links at the top of the page were gone. It was fine a few days ago when I checked it out. This was in the Brave browser on my 15" laptop. The site loaded up fine in Firefox and Edge though. I had changed the font size in Brave to Extra Large a couple of weeks ago but the page was loading fine until today. After I changed the font size back to Large all the navigation links reappeared.

Is anyone else who changed the font size in Brave noticing this on their PC's or is it just me? The screen resolution on my laptop is 1366x768.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Same.

If you set the text to "Very Large" the menu is hidden. If you set to "Large" or less, the menu shows.

If you use the CTRL+Scroll (mouse) to 80% or less (with "Very Large" text on) the menu will show. Anything above 80% and the menu hides.

My text is set to Medium, and I use the CTRL+scroll to increase pages as needed when I am browsing, so I have seen page elements "become hidden" enough to know to scroll out to see them if I hit a page that presents funky.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking. I guess my browser must have updated in the last couple of days because it wasn't like that last week.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Happy to obleege.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
It's not an issue with the browser or the website.

When you increase the font size, you're increasing the amount of space the menu needs to display. They have the responsiveness of the site set up so if the full menu does not fit, the mobile menu is displayed. This is a pretty normal occurrence for sites.

In SIG's case, the mobile menu is represented as a three-line "hamburger" menu at the top right of the page which is added as soon as the main menu is hidden. Take a look and you'll see it there.

If you hold down the Control & - key (or Command & - key for Mac) once or twice, my guess is the menu will show back up for you.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post