SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I spent a couple days with some FUDDS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I spent a couple days with some FUDDS Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Just spent some time with the wifes side of the family. These guys are big time deer hunters. Eat, sleep, breath hunting, which is cool, but not really my interest.

Showed me their guns, which was "disappointing" to say the least. All of them were rusty. Very rusty. And none of them looked like they have ever been cleaned, well ever. Or even had a drop of gun oil placed on them. A Benelli M1 super 90 12 gauge had the nastiest, sandiest action have ever seen. No way that thing cycles. Two of the rifles I picked up had obstructed bores, and had 2-3 inches of mud shoved down the barrels.

I went target shooting with a "sighted in" rifle and found it at least two feet off.

These guys could care less about gun control or modern semi-auto rifles, as long as they got to keep their (rusty) bolt actions.

What a shame to see some good ol boys not care for their firearms, or care about the laws restricting some.

And these were not broke rednecks. Definitely in the millionaire club.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did they have any deer yurn?

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Two rifles with 2-3" of mud down the barrels and one that was shooting two feet off. Which direction? What distance? What kind groups? LOL.

I've met, and even know some legit Fudds. This... sure. Yeah. Big Grin

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Is a FUDD the opposite of a gun snob?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess. Sadly we can't all be tier one operators. Frown

Posts: 21384 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Or a Sergeant of a three man Rapid Tactical Force.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did you help them clean their guns? Or was it just judgemental time?

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
No cleaning kits or gun oil to be found. Just WD40 spray cans on the bench.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
millionaire club.[/QUOTE]

Part of the problem I would say. At least part of it.

Laziness is the rest of it.

Anyone who would attempt to hunt with that being the case is an idiot. Pure and simple. And yes I am judging them based on the op's post.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:

Yes, I understand the reference.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a missed opportunity for some assistance and education.

Posts: 33111 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Or a Sergeant of a three man Rapid Tactical Force.

I believe, in Fudd speak, it would be a Wapid Tactical Force. Hu ha ha ha hi hu.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A FUDD can be a gun snob or not. IMO the defining feature of a FUDD is political delusion combined with magical thinking. Somehow his guns have been magically enhanced to harm only animals but not people. Therefore your AR/AK/SKS can be banned as weapons of war but his sporterized Mauser/Mosin/Enfield are hunting rifles... that were once weapons truely used in war.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
No cleaning kits or gun oil to be found. Just WD40 spray cans on the bench.

Between para's "deer yurn" and the WD40 spray cans, I almost choked to death laughing...that takes me back about 40 years (no deer hunter worth his salt would be caught without either)...no wonder our wives hated to see us come home (stinking to high heaven of "yurn" and the ubigious Remington 742's claim to fame was to start rapidly wearing out from the first round downrange with that WD40 as "lube" (some of the more enlightened among us did use Three In One sewing machine oil or Hoppes Gun Oil)...it appears not a hell of a lot has changed. Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gonna hunt deer? Ya need deer yurn.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I could understand a hunting firearm having "character," i.e., scratched up stock or worn external finish, but not dirty and especially rusty inside. This doesn't make sense.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would wager to say none of them are ex military.

Posts: 13128 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:

"I am Elmer J. Fudd, Millionaire... I own a mansion and a yacht..."

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
Originally Posted By yekimak: (from another forum)

Truthfully, most folks who are into bolt guns and so on are generally intelligent and know who the term refers too. Many folks buy guns that fit their practical needs, and up here a .223 gun does not do much, but they are fine with them being owned by everyone else. I used to be that way.

Fudds are probably the most insidious group of gun owners out there, they think that "I don't need it so no one else does either". They are willing to sell out the rest of us in hopes they can maintain their elitist self image as "great white hunters" and "sportsmen". The bulk of them I do not even think of as hunters, most are trophy killers who could not find a tree without a guide.

Fudds are traitors of the highest order. They will sell you down the river just to try and save their own hides. IF there ever comes a time when we need to stand together, the will stand behind us and shoot us in the back. Fudds benefit from the blood spilled to protect their freedom, but in their arrogance they claim it to be solely as their own and would sacrifice nothing of their own to preserve it.

I say that we should use the term liberally and often, and let people prove that they are not "Fudds". They do not have to own EBR's. I know EBR's are not up everyone's alley. They just can't be against people having them.

I am tired of being held up to the wolves as a sacrifice.

(Again, not my words but nails the phrase).

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post