SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I spent a couple days with some FUDDS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I spent a couple days with some FUDDS Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sounds like a missed opportunity for some assistance and education.

Big Grin

You can find people like this anywhere, and they're not interested in assistance, or education.

Even broke rednecks can - and usually do - keep their shit clean. Remington's entry-level or mid-grade offerings represent a significant investment for them and they know they're not getting another any time soon.

You can tell the guys that give a damn every time hunting season's getting close. The guys that can actually shoot will have stuff running from spendy to dirt-cheap, with all kinds of finishes and rattlecan jobs - but no matter how it looks, it's clean, and it works.

The guys who are just doing it to get away from the wife for a day or two show up with shit that's damn near rusted shut in some cases; probably dumped it in the case wet after last season and left it next to the water heater.

Edit to add: millionaire club doesn't actually surprise me in this context. None of that hurt to purchase, probably, and they're just doing it to do it.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5543 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Is a FUDD the opposite of a gun snob?

Can't be a FUDD...they only hunt wabbits.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:
Originally Posted By yekimak: (from another forum)

Truthfully, most folks who are into bolt guns and so on are generally intelligent and know who the term refers too. Many folks buy guns that fit their practical needs, and up here a .223 gun does not do much, but they are fine with them being owned by everyone else. I used to be that way.

Fudds are probably the most insidious group of gun owners out there, they think that "I don't need it so no one else does either". They are willing to sell out the rest of us in hopes they can maintain their elitist self image as "great white hunters" and "sportsmen". The bulk of them I do not even think of as hunters, most are trophy killers who could not find a tree without a guide.

Fudds are traitors of the highest order. They will sell you down the river just to try and save their own hides. IF there ever comes a time when we need to stand together, the will stand behind us and shoot us in the back. Fudds benefit from the blood spilled to protect their freedom, but in their arrogance they claim it to be solely as their own and would sacrifice nothing of their own to preserve it.

I say that we should use the term liberally and often, and let people prove that they are not "Fudds". They do not have to own EBR's. I know EBR's are not up everyone's alley. They just can't be against people having them.

I am tired of being held up to the wolves as a sacrifice.

(Again, not my words but nails the phrase).

^^^^^^^^^

That is well said and in my experience true. At one time I was a member of a "Sportsman's Club", it had a lake, club house and trap and skeet range.

Everyone there was a FUDD. If it wasn't a trap shotgun or a deer rifle be it a lever action or bolt rifle, you didn't need it.

I tried to explain that if they do ban "assault rifles", that they will come after their deer rifles, because it will be a "sniper rifle".

The full on ignorance, and apathy was stunning. Could not get through to any of them. I would bet my last dollar that if there ever was door to door gun confiscation they would easily sell me or anyone else out that they knew that had "assault rifles".

They can't be counted on to fight the "cold war" on gun rights, and if things really went sideways they would sell you out, or literally or figuratively shoot you in the back.

I was a member of the Sportsman's Club for almost 2 years, I couldn't stand it anymore. I was more of "the enemy" than anti-gun politicians were!

I hate FUDDs, and most every shotgun sports people fall into this category. Yeah, there are some that aren't like that, but they are the minority.

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sadly, some people have no interest in taking care of their tools. Some of these dolts, have no interest in politics, nor understand the second amendment.

To bad the OP missed the opportunity to give a little education to these folks.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Sadly, some people have no interest in taking care of their tools. Some of these dolts, have no interest in politics, nor understand the second amendment.

To bad the OP missed the opportunity to give a little education to these folks.

It would have been a waste of his time and breath.

Posts: 5032 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
When I hunt deer 10 miles outside of Podunk, MN the local sportmans club has "sight in days".
The crap that some folks consider GTG is amazing. I've seen patterns at 100 yds that couldn't be called a "group" without a vivid imagination.

Before I could use the range they *demanded* to shove a segmented cleaning rod down the bore from the muzzle to prove the bore was clear. (they've seen sticks, mud, etc. in bores)
The look when I told them "Not no but hell no" was priceless. You aren't doing that to my Kreiger, Shilen or any other barrel I own.
I produced a bore snake that was accepted as OK.

Their political views weren't discussed so I couldn't knowingly label them as "FUDDS" but some did give odd looks to an AR pattern 308.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
When I lived in CA, I was well acquainted with FUDDs at my gun club; I hated to shoot there on weekends so I went on weekdays and the old guys with their bolt actions show up, staying all day. These guys would give shit to folks like me with ARs. They had a real snobbish attitude, and spoke of not minding banning "assault weapons".

I would shoot next them on purpose because they always complained of ARs being "too loud". A bunch of Zumbos.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17197 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I have ever met a FUDD but I know who they are. When I was home on leave a few years ago (in Boston) my aunt (left as they come, but she is my aunt) said something to the effect of "no one needs assault weapons. My friend John hunts and he says no one needs AR15's". Well I bit my tongue, and I was doing good until she asked me if I owned any "assault weapons". I put my fork down, cleared my throat and said "Well first the term "assault weapon" is nonsense. It is a made up term. And yes I own AR15's. I think about a dozen but I have not taken inventory in a while. And I do not hunt at all". I picked up my fork and continued eating and I am pretty sure she was about to have an aneurysm.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hate FUDDs, and most every shotgun sports people fall into this category. Yeah, there are some that aren't like that, but they are the minority.

I have actually been in the position of defending the ownership of handguns, to a group of Sporting Clays shooters from the northeast. It boggles the mind.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post