SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ~*~Rotndad's 10,000 Post Karma ~*~WINNERS ANNOUNCED~*~
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Rotndad's 10,000 Post Karma ~*~WINNERS ANNOUNCED~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
First and foremost my sincere apologies for being late selecting the winners. Last night TSM11 and I had an opportunity to go out for a movie. While that may seem like a poor excuse, TSM11's mom is fighting mesothelioma and TSM11 has been staying with her to help care for her. Because of that she hasn't been able to be home much lately. But it's okay, my MIL is well worth it. She accepted my like family from the very beginning. I love her like my own mother.

Thank you all for participating. I was humbled by the amount of people that shared their congratulations without wanting in on the Karma. Below are the weiners.Big Grin

Myrottiety is the winner of the silver forum coin.
ColoradoHunter wins the copper forum coin

MyRottieTy and ColoradoHunter please email me a mailing address at Rotndad~AT~Gmail.com and put FORUM COIN KARMA in the subject line. I will get these shipped out in the next few days.

Again, Thanks go to Parabellum, LDD, and Arcwelder for keeping us on our toes, the riff raff at bay and to all the furmites for making this the best forum on the interwebs. BAR NONE. You guys and gals are the bestest invisible friends I could ask for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have been a member for 4238 days and this is my 10,000th post. First and foremost I would like to thank Parabellum and the mods for keep this forum going and allowing the leeway to discuss most topics. Many other forums have such strict rules that they are not worth posting in. I would also like to thank the membership for being the upstanding people that you are. When I say you guys feel like family, I sincerely mean it. The generosity of the membership is truly amazing. We saved a member from bankruptcy, helped another member here when her husband died suddenly and she found herself in situation I hope nobody every has to experience. We helped a suicidal member and member that was in the hospital and about to become homeless and many others that didn't garner the limelight like these did. Hell, I've been helped several times. Once time in particular I had posted in the "What's your Deal" section to bitch about my sudden unemployment and a very generous member sent me $100 via paypal anonymously That floored me. I hadn't posted asking for help I was just "hacked off and Pitching my bitch. I've shared my darkest day and deepest sorrow at the passing of my beloved Mom and shared the utter joy both when the now Mrs. Rotndad said yes and even more joyful dau when she said I do. I have never been happier in my life than I have with her. We share so many things in common that I can truly say she is my soulmate. Hell, Out first date was at an indoor range to shoot. We both carried at our wedding. The cake topper is the bride and groom holding pistols. They're standing back to back, the bride is holding her pistol at the low ready and the groom is holding his at, I guess the high ready. We snuck out of the reception and replicated the cake topper behind the church. To me that topper represents how I feel about TSM11, Mrs. Rotndad, she's got my back and I've got hers not matter what and together we can take on the world.

I have laughed, cried, been happy, been sad and felt every emotion in between. I've shared the joy of the birth of a child and grieved the loss of a friend or loved one. And I've done all this with people, for the most part, are complete strangers that I've never met. I’ve driven hundreds of miles just to spend a weekend with forum members and to participate in forum shoots. One member welcomed me into his home, showed amazing hospitality and trust in me, someone that for all intents and purposes was a complete stranger to him. There are members here that even though I have never met them face to face would give them my house key and alarm code simply because I “know” them here on the forum. One of my most cherished friendships started with me insulting them in a thread they started. She is one of a very few people I call “best friends”. I’ve said all that just to say this is the absolute best forum on the planet and you guys and gals simply amaze me everyday.

To celebrate this milestone I couldn't think of a Karma more fitting than a 1 ounce silver and a 1 ounce copper SIG Forum Challenge Coin. I will use the Karmanator to pick a winner on February 3rd, 2018 or there about or if interest dies down before then. There will be two winners. The first winner will receive the silver coin and the second winner will receive the copper coin.

Please share a funny or touching forum related story. Everyone is eligible. No post count minimum or any special rules. You do NOT have to complment my balls this time. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rotndad,

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not entering the Karma as I still have 2 of each but I'm here to read some great stories. Great members here, that's for sure!

Posts: 13170 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Also not in, but this is my internet home
I don’t post often, but it is like a great interesting, occasional disfunctional family that I am proud to be a member of

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 699 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Not in either. Just congratulating you. Am I right in thinking you did karma your balls off before, right?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19779 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Also not in - but I wanted to say congrats on 10k posts. You're so right - Para runs an excellent forum! Rotndad, I still have a couple of SIGforum stickers left - if you'd like one, let me know.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10735 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Please do not add me but I salute you for the milestone!! This place IS about people like you! Congratulations!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Guess this makes me unlucky number one? Smile
Ad me, please.
Not really a funny story, but one about our little “community” here:

I wound up in CO visiting some family. It was after my divorce, the family was on the ex’s side, so a bit awkward. The night I got there I posted I was in Littleton, CO. The next day I had a range buddy and a lunch companion. Thanks again , Sweden, for providing the guns & ammo that day...and I hope you are doing great.
Stuff like that makes this a wonderful forum.

I’ve seen threads where guys were helped financially, provided jobs, helped through trying times...I firmly believe at least one life has been saved.

I’ve learned a LOT on here myself, and not just about firearms. There is more than a lifetime of “been there, done that” contained in the membership here.

Posts: 6316 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Not in either. Just congratulating you. Am I right in thinking you did karma your balls off before, right?

Yes, I have karmad my balls off several times. Smile

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on milestone,not in for the karma.
Been a pleasure to know you and the misses and consider you both my friends.

Posts: 22413 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Please don't add me to the Karma, but congrats on the milestone.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on both your longevity and post count milestone.

Please don't count me in as I was fortunate to get some myself.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not in it to win it, but to say, "You are the good people of whom you speak."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44025 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am joining the multitudes who are not in for the karma. OK, if nobody jumps in, I suppose I will have to, we don't want to leave you hanging!.

I do want to state that it is a pleasure to know you, and your heat-packing bride, as well.

It has been quite a while since we have seen each other, we need to remedy that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30870 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I recently celebrated both my 10 year and 10K anniversaries.

Thank you for the shot.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11147 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and very nice karma.

I still consider myself a newbie, but can already see what a great forum/family this is. I hope to add some value to it. My first gun(s) purchase was a 1911 ultra, and a sig716.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your milestone post count!

Please count me in for the Copper coin only as I already have a silver one.

I do not have a funny story to tell, but I have met some great friends at "Michigan Events", which are meet ups of SIGforum members here in Michigan.

Posts: 13695 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Please count me in as I would love to possess a reminder of being a member of this forum. Thank you for the chance.

My story revolves around the passing of our golden Lab Sadie 2.5 years ago. Those that know me are aware that I’m not a particularly religious person but when faced with Sadie’s declining health, I appealed to the forum for thoughts and prayers for her. Needless to say, I received that and more, including veterinarians (most notably Slabsides45) trying to diagnose the problem from afar. I will never forget the kindness that I was shown in a moment that still brings tears to my eyes.

This board truly is filled with wonderful people and I’m so glad I came across this place.

Posts: 3524 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
One of the most touching things for me. Was when I posted I was excited about my son arriving almost 5 years ago. Bre sent me a hand knitted beanie for me and my son. I still wear it every year when it gets cold.

He's far outgrown his. But tries to steal mine from time to time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8868 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, my friend.
Just passed the 10k posts milestone myself.

No particular story. Like you, the forum has been a part of my life and has provided what I needed when I needed it most. Probably saved my life once or twice and filled me with hope when I was sure there was none left.

Couple of days ago, I was looking at my silver keyholder. It has an Argentina`s World Soccer Cup silver coin that was minted in 1978. It would be a pleasure to replace it with a new silver keyholder for the next 40 years... Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12180 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tony!

I am yet another that will pass on entry into your generous karma, as you've karma'd me before Smile

Posts: 7418 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post