SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A 4 minute Chevy commercial that may hit you in the feels...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 4 minute Chevy commercial that may hit you in the feels... Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Well done. Well done. Thx.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow nice commercial, it did flush my tear ducts a bit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ImpalaGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Great commercial. And the converible model of my first car. A 1966 Impala SS. I still miss it.
'66 Biscayne here Yoop. Hard top, 6 cylinder.

Here's my 66 SS convertible, 396 and 4 speed.

Posts: 634 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, I don't catch many commercials anymore. My dad passed away from pancreatic cancer 3 years ago. I bought out my brother's interest and kept my dad's 2003 "cateye" Silverado. It had significant sentimental value and I needed a truck, but what I had been ruminating over for years was his 1985 GMC K15 "squarebody" pickup he sold to a private party after buying that 2003 truck.

It was his first pickup, I learned to drive in it, it hauled countless deer, it helped move us to and from college every year, it carried the yearly Christmas tree we cut down home. I was successful in purchasing it back from the buyer last January and towed it 4 hours home with his 2003 Silverado. Its sitting in my garage right now in a slow process of restoration. It drives and mostly all that is left is body and paint work.

Posts: 2527 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
If that doesn't get to you, you need to lay down. You may already be dead.
Thanks for posting that!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome commercial.
Thanks for posting!

Posts: 875 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.

I live in farm country and occasionally pass by old barns or machine sheds with a dusty old car inside. The commercial makes me wonder about what stories might be attached.

Silent

Posts: 1030 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Damn!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That definitely tugged the heart strings for sure. I miss the Budweiser Clydesdales commercials this time of year.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome - strikes a chord

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
You got me. Blubbered like a baby. Thank you.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that one a couple days ago and it brought a bit of a tear to my eye. And I don't even have any kids.

Posts: 7275 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Lousy allergies.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
You got me!

Yup, got me good.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Well done Chevy. No sales pitch here, just a pretty good little heart tug.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. The only new car my father ever bought was a '65. A tear jerker for sure!

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJG:
I thought I could watch this without tearing up.

I was wrong.

Me as well.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5354 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic commercial. Very touching, well done Chevrolet.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Saw it on TV a few nights ago (but I think it was cut down a bit). Good commercial.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Dang ... thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post