SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best AA batteries for Game Camera?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best AA batteries for Game Camera? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Instructions don’t advise against lithium.
Any suggestions. Will likely give video mode a try. Trying to get some video/pics of the shitbird taking fish from my pond to give to the Game Warden.
We have been in the 90s already so long lasting in heat.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I use these Energizer Ultimate Lithium Long Lasting Leakproof Batteries:
https://www.amazon.com/Energiz...8ES9MNPZJ88WBH2HQX4M

Never leak, long lasting.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Energizer lithium batteries. They will last a long time, and don’t create the oxidation that commonly occurs with alkaline cells. I don’t use alkaline batteries in anything even remotely valuable.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Panasonic Eneloop rechargable. Low self-discharge.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Panasonic Eneloop rechargable. Low self-discharge.
This or AmazonBasics lithium rechargables.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You need 1.5 volt batteries not the 1.2 volt Eneloop.

The best price on Panasonic alkaline is one of the Dollar stores. They have gone up recently from 4 to only 3 for a $1.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a handheld GPS for the entire day a lot and it holds 2-AA batteries, Kirkland or Duracell AA's by far last a lot longer than anything else including Energizer.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You need 1.5 volt batteries not the 1.2 volt Eneloop.

The best price on Panasonic alkaline is one of the Dollar stores. They have gone up recently from 4 to only 3 for a $1.

Maybe… But I had a camera (which I don’t use any longer) that used 1.5V alkaline batteries. But it worked perfectly well with rechargeables. And a single charge ran the camera longer than fresh alkalines did.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Kentli. Not cheap but excellent

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I use the Energizer Lithium batteries in my trail camera.
Mine takes about $25 worth to fill it with batteries.
When I first got the camera, it was set too sensitive on the trigger threshold.
In the first two weeks of use, it took over 3000 photos.
At the end of the first year of use, the onboard battery LED indicator showed the batteries still at full charge.
I won't use anything but Energizer Lithium in a trail camera.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
I use the Energizer Lithium batteries in my trail camera.
Mine takes about $25 worth to fill it with batteries.
When I first got the camera, it was set too sensitive on the trigger threshold.
In the first two weeks of use, it took over 3000 photos.
At the end of the first year of use, the onboard battery LED indicator showed the batteries still at full charge.
I won't use anything but Energizer Lithium in a trail camera.

That is expensive. I had 12 game cameras at one time and now I am down to four. The Bushnell cameras last about five years before they have problems.

The Panasonic alkaline batteries have worked well and I monitor them with a voltmeter and change the batteries when they are down to 1.35 volts.

I only had one camera with leaky batteries and that was caused by water getting into the batteries and draining the batteries.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the camera is located where temps fall below 40F, you’ll have longer lasting power with lithium AA batteries. Cold temps suck the life out of non-lithium batteries much faster.

PS. I realize for many north of the Red River, 40F is a heatwave.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
If you opt for rechargeable then Fujitsu over Eneloop.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

let's find out, also if you like this sort of thing check out the rest of this guys channel

recharge battery video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A1GvQ40j0Q

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Went with the Energizer lithium.

Made a Noob mistake when I ordered the camera. One can control the camera settings only by remote. Sure hope I don’t loose that little thing.
Did not even think about that when I was comparing them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post