SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beware the liquid calorie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware the liquid calorie Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Don't forget condiments. Ketchup is high in carbs.

Substitute Pickles or olives for salty snacks.

Substitute Mustard for Mayo is a good one and easy to do.

I switched from Coke Zero to seltzer water. After a while, you can't go back to sugary drinks.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
This is why I switched from 4-7 crappy beers per session, to 1 delicious beer. I know we're talking IPAs but I'm on a brown ale kick.

Currently enjoying: https://foundersbrewing.com/ou...atra-mountain-brown/

(If you get a chance, please try the Pilgrim's Dole from New Holland. Yes, I get it, I'm in Beer City USA, but I've seen Bell's Oberon way way south, so who knows....)

If I lived in Michigan, I would only drink Bell's.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Be sure you're not drinking alcohol close to bed time. I lost almost 15 lbs just by cutting out beer consumption after 6pm (I'm usually asleep between 9-10pm every night).

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I quit drinking craft beer, now it's either bourbon and splash of h20, or rum & coke zero, I lost 7 pounds with no other change.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
This is why I switched from 4-7 crappy beers per session, to 1 delicious beer. I know we're talking IPAs but I'm on a brown ale kick.

Currently enjoying: https://foundersbrewing.com/ou...atra-mountain-brown/

(If you get a chance, please try the Pilgrim's Dole from New Holland. Yes, I get it, I'm in Beer City USA, but I've seen Bell's Oberon way way south, so who knows....)

If I lived in Michigan, I would only drink Bell's.

I need someone to help me figure out how to set up a budget neutral method of shipping beer to my fellow SigForum pals. PayPal or some such. Bells has great stuff, but dang there are others that are great too.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People have known all this for years.

Doctors used to actually prescribe low calorie b diets to fix a number of problems like 90 years or more ago.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I managed a guy who basically only ate meat and starch (no veggies, no fruits, no desserts). He was shocked to get the lab results back that his sugars were high, and was openly pondering if he should get retested.

The light bulb turned on when I opined, "you drink at least a 2 liter of A&W root beer per day, and that is where most of your sugar is coming from. The rest of your sugar is coming from potatoes and bread."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Remember, beer is basically liquid bread.

"Man does not live by bread alone." Thing is, sometimes I wonder if a person could live on beer alone! Wink

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I get it, I'm in Beer City USA, but I've seen Bell's Oberon way way south, so who knows....)
I bought Oberon in April from H-E-B in Houston, TX.

There is a local craft beer bar with a half-dozen Bell's beers on draft, and another craft beer bar with 2 or 3 on draft.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would add that caffeine can be very detrimental as well.
too much , too often , and at the wrong time of day.

especially after the age of 35.
and don't get me started on salt

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
all in moderation fella's. Really, really, enjoy it. But only one, maybe two per week. Max.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I would add that caffeine can be very detrimental as well.
too much , too often , and at the wrong time of day.

especially after the age of 35.
and don't get me started on salt

Absolutely nothing wrong with caffeine...And absolutely nothing wrong with salt.

There's also nothing wrong with a soda or a beer now and then. I'm having a beer right now as a matter fact at the airport bar. I'll likely have a couple more. And guess what, I'm as fit as a fiddle.

There's no great mystery here when it comes to being "healthy" and eating well. The formula is very simple. It's so simple in fact that I can say with utmost certainty that I'm going to gain inches or pounds or both in the next two weeks while in France...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
It can sneak up on you! Smile

Man pictured drinking a beer from one hand and a bottle of SYRUP from the other at monster truck rally is confronted by cops... but insists he needs to for his DIABETES

The man was pictured at Monster Jam last week in Lincoln, Nebraska

According to a Reddit user, the man was approached by cops who thought the bottle of dark liquid was hard alcohol

He then told the officer that it was syrup to control his low blood sugar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...up-hes-diabetic.html

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post