SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sheel's Takeover?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheel's Takeover? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We have stopped at the Scheel's in Springfield, Il every year on our way to hunting pheasants in SD. I think it is one of the finest sporting goods stores I have ever seen. Its only shortcoming is that it is in Illinois, but the store is always busy.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Cabela's was bought by Bass Pro and has not been the same since. Somehow, I think Scheel's will do better should they buy Bud's

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Scheels near me is awesome, definitely better than Bass Pro in every way and Cabelas is just another BP now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
We have stopped at the Scheel's in Springfield, Il every year on our way to hunting pheasants in SD. I think it is one of the finest sporting goods stores I have ever seen. Its only shortcoming is that it is in Illinois, but the store is always busy.

Stop in the ones in Omaha NE, Sioux City IA, and/or Sioux Falls SD. Closer to your roosters!!!

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, I thought this thread was about some kinda fancy chess maneuver.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
One has been open in Colorado Springs for about a year now. I never get out of there without buying something.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Based on this thread, I will seek out the Scheel's in Sparks whenever I get to the Reno area.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
One of the things to know about Scheels, is they will price match. I don't think I ever pay full price for anything I can find cheaper somewhere else when I'm in Scheels.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is traveling I80 through Iowa, the Scheels in Coralville (Iowa City) is just off the interstate. Another excellent Scheel's store.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post