SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minden Gardnerville Carson Valley Nevada
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minden Gardnerville Carson Valley Nevada Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking (dreaming) of moving to this area. It looks like I would be moving into a booming real estate market, ugh. Anyone here with knowledge of the area? A 12 year old boy would be with us....
I would like to stay South of Reno. I have a Piper Supercub that will need to be hangared nearby,
Thanks,
Oscar Zulu

Posts: 161 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only driven through there on my way to the east side of Yosemite. Looks like a decent place. Has a Costco. One of my Facebook friends (we grew up together) lives there and works for GE. He really like the easy access to the outdoors. Winters aren't too bad. It's on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada, so much drier and less snow. It does get cold.

P229

Posts: 3848 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been up there for work and to go skiing. I really like the area.
It does appear to be currently overrun by Californians. But then again so is most of NV.

Consequently NV is going Blue. Gun laws and taxes to follow.

Posts: 1974 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post