SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My own moment(s) of Zen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My own moment(s) of Zen Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

I used steam gauges for many years. The Garmin G1000 stuff is incredible. I can't see going back (maybe for something cool/old)
A friend of mine has a fairly new private certificate with instrument rating and has never flown with round dials. We're trying to make some time for me to give him some instruction in a basic airplane. Might make a trip to south Florida to see just1tym (and The Fuzz).

I think back to the days of my initial instruction. The no longer existing Asbury Park NJ airport. Aeronca Champ, 65 hp, no electrical system -- no generator, no battery, no starter, no lights, no radio, no nothing except engine, gas tank, and a couple seats.

Looked pretty much like this one, except the one I flew was pretty ratty looking:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Thanks. We all need more Zen...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
What were you flying, Andy? High-wing immediately makes me think Cessna?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Great shots!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post