SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    (1)Man shoots officer while being tazed, (2) Officers get in shoot out in hospital with transported suspect
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(1)Man shoots officer while being tazed, (2) Officers get in shoot out in hospital with transported suspect Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
This is definitely an unusual one. As background - On April 14, 2024, just before 10 a.m., HCSO deputies were patrolling the Beacon Meadows Park area. During that time, they encountered a suspect, identified as 32-year-old Anthony Carpenter that had been trespassed from the park the day before. Deputies asked him to leave, and for more than 20 minutes, deputies tried to de-escalate the situation, but Carpenter refused to comply with the commands, putting his hand in and out of his coat's pockets.

No officers discharged their firearms during this incident.

In this one the suspect cleverly concealed his firearm in his crotch. It was discovered in the hospital and chaos ensues. Video includes a LEO weapon jam.

Video link only due to age restriction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GR7UiLw9Ww

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37977 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Officers maintaining crossfire angles the entire time, and never figured out the bad guy was shooting.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is definitely an unusual one.

I saw that and used it as the basis for a training bulletin. Can we say “circular firing squad”?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That second video...after the taser was deployed at the end, who fired the following round?

Guessing guy had his finger on the trigger and being lit up by the taser made him squeeze?

Posts: 11169 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
That second video...after the taser was deployed at the end, who fired the following round?

Guessing guy had his finger on the trigger and being lit up by the taser made him squeeze?

I believe it was the suspect.

I'm wondering if getting tazed with a booger hook on the bang switch results in a pew.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37977 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
HSCO? Hazzard County Sheriff’s Office?

Well possum on a gum-bush, it’s Florida Man (Hillsborough County)!

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
On that second video after the shooting a hospital staff member (doc?) starts walking in in front of the cops with their weapons drawn. WTF! Fortunately someone grabbed his arm and dragged his ass out of the line of fire..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the poor dog who clearly didn't know what to do or what was going on.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How many times did they taze him, you hear it called out and several "zzzzzzzzzapps" before he finally takes a nap under the tree.

Wonder if his coat stopped the barbs from hitting the guy properly?

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The hospital video was the scary one for me. Routinely we have patients brought in who aren't searched in the field and we find all kinds of things. Our hospital security guards are not armed and the response time of the police is questionable at best. We had a combative patient punch one of our security guards in the face last week, the police response time, 4 hours.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post