SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tow Behind Bicycle Trailer (for Kid carry)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tow Behind Bicycle Trailer (for Kid carry) Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
We foolishly got rid of our bike trailer when our oldest 2 were biking solo & now are wanting to get a new one.
Only needs to be able to carry 1 kid (currently 2 years old)

Looks like Burley doesn't make the Solo anymore.

Any brand suggestions to look into, will be towed behind a Marin bicycle, don't need any stroller conversion or anything like that, just a kid carrier trailer.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Burley and Thule (pronounced too-lee - started in Sweden) seem to be the two big brands.

I have a Burley here and a Thule at a vacation place and there isn't much difference between them. Construction and function pretty much the same, just minor differences in how the pieces connect to each other.

Within each brand there are more and less expensive versions with more or fewer features like suspension and ventilation panels, etc.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
We have had a Burley Bee for 6 years and still love it. My kid is 7 but is a small child so it still works well for us.

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Not quite what you're looking for, but we had one of these when our kiddo was little. It was a lot of fun.

https://rideweehoo.com/

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Their Blast model (non-pedal) might fit the bill, but sold out currently.
Didn't think about this style & hadn't seen one with a harness before.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post