SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 3 Bar Dr. Squatch Soap Review: It really SUCKS and it is really AWESOME!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 3 Bar Dr. Squatch Soap Review: It really SUCKS and it is really AWESOME! Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have been using the french soaps. The individual bars are spendy but are much larger than Irish Spring and such. Smells good and lathers good.

https://predeprovence.com/coll...classic-french-soaps

My favorites are Green Tea, Verbena, Honey Almond.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty cheap in general.

But I gladly give Duke Cannon my money for their bar soaps and liquid shampoo (I tried that puck thing and liked the results but not the product).

I was down to three bars. This thread prompted me to put in a new order of 8. Should be good til the summer.

Leaf and Leather is by far my favorite.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My wife used to buy the AAA Aromas Artisenales de Antigua soaps as they had some pretty nice and not offensive scents (lemongrass and basil, etc)

They were about $6 a bar from a british company that had a distribution center in the US, or from World Market, both now closed. The bars were big and sturdy would last a good month.

Mostly switched to the Neutrogena body wash we get from Costco now, and the occasional bar of soap from Whole Paycheck ("Dirty Hippie" is a good one and I like the name).

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
At $8/bar the chick in the ad better be stopping by to do my back.

Irish Spring, from Costco. $12 for 16 bars.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I used to scoff at soap.

Whatever is cheap and smalls good was my mantra.

My wife was all about finding and trying different soaps and mostly I thought they were a waste of money.

I have a cousin who retired from the Marines and started a small farming operation, goats, hay, that sort of thing. He began making goat's milk soap and selling it at local Farmer's Markets.

He marketed well and makes a great product. His efforts have resulted in a business he is enjoying quite a bit.

If you look for "Bates Family Farm" you'll find him. I'm proud of him.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually use Dove soap, the kind with no added fragrances and no fancy chemicals, because, I suffer from a bad case of eczema. Now that I am somewhat better, I use Dr Bronner's Castile soap, both the liquid version and the bars. They seem to work for me. All soap dries out my skin real bad, so I have to use Eucerin lotion or Cera Vue lotion every time I shower. Sometimes, I apply coconut oil to my skin too. It is an old folk remedy used by people in India.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried most of the body washes (for men, that is) and find I am apparently allergic to most.

Same problem with many hand soaps like Irish Spring.

Twenty or thirty years ago, I discovered Kirk's Castile Soap. Soap, not perfume, smells clean and so do I after a shower. It used to be about 70 cents a bar, gone up now.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/4m9ozW0aFlw

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
It's way over priced for what it is. I used Pancha Soap Company out of NE. $4 a bar.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I too make my own. It’s super easy, especially if you aren’t particular about a smell. While I enjoy a nice smelling soap, it’s only something I’m willing to invest the time into too much.

But I will make my own bar soap and add easy fragrances to liven it up... something like an essential oil blend of “Christmas tree”.

Tallow, olive oil, coconut oils, and castor oil, in specific amounts. Some lye, and an immersion blender. It’s that’s easy.

Posts: 6371 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post