SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Your Home Depot Have A Hot Dog Stand?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Your Home Depot Have A Hot Dog Stand? Login/Join 
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
The one I go to still does here.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
The one closest to me still has one. The other 2 do not.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I have not seen one in a very long time...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only ever seen them around Lowes. Don't think I have ever seen one at a home depot

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
We have three local Home Depots where an independent operator runs a hot dog stand/cart inside the store. I have never seen one at a Lowes.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
When I worked at Lowes we only had a Hot Dog cart in the lot for very special occasions, which were rare.

None of the Home Depots in the Chicagoland area that I serviced had any Hot Dog carts, but one did have a Coffee Bar Roll Eyes (It was also the only 24 hour Home Depot in the country)

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
During the weekend summer months, Our HD gives out free hotdogs up until about 1:00pm.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My local Home Depot's have had hot dog stands for as long as I remember, but it seems like they suddenly are all gone now. It sounds like some new HD management decided they didn't want them around and kicked them all out?

This sounds like an incredibly stupid move to me.

the one in KOP has a sausage stand in it

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Both HD and Lowes near me have stands, they do a brisk business on weekends, and during the week I'm sure the contracts keep them moving.

Always a good stop for me out of the store
must be the region or local managers call.

They seem to go together.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Home Depot never had one but Lowes still has one near the exit door. Pretty good dogs for a good price.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Both Lowes and HD near me have a hot dog stand right outside the entrance/exit. They are independent businesses and either pay some rent to be there or give Lowes/HD a cut. The guy at Lowes has been operating there for at least 15 years, all year long.

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine did and still does.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Local HD hasn't had a roach coach in years. I miss it. Introduced me to Jamaican, spicy beef patties. Yum.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was also the only 24 hour Home Depot in the country

We had a St. Louis HD that was a 24 hour store.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
They use to, both them and Lowe's. Not any longer though.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The home depot I shop at here in SLC used to have a hotdog stand. It disappeared two or three years ago. It was nice to grab a quick bratwurst and a coke on the way out.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
It was also the only 24 hour Home Depot in the country

We had a St. Louis HD that was a 24 hour store.

HD stopped the 24/7 quite a while back around here. GM told me they were getting more shoplifters than paying customers. IIRC, he said stopping halved his shrinkage.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I believe ours is still there. touch choice, though, between it and the Hooters across the parking lot...

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post