SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is this considered obstructed vision?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this considered obstructed vision? Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted

If I add a similar type add to my vehicle, to support my friends business, do I risk traffic tickets for such? I don't need to be breaking da law. Don't need no tickets/fines. Live in commirado er Colorado. Thx.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on the cop who stops you. It can be used as probable cause. Where I live it would not be an issue.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Dumb question but there are vehicles without rear windows. Vans, for example. Why is any visibility through a rear window required? Limos with rear cabin privacy? I get front and even front side window standards. But why would there be any limitation on rear window?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12747 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Signs shops have access to materials that are "see through" yet display well, designed specifically for glass with minimal impact to visibility.

(small perforations)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
With two rear-view mirrors it's probably okay. No different than if you towed a tall U-Haul trailer behind it.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I believe in TX, most laws regarding window tint, only apply to the windshield & front door windows.
You could pretty much paint your other windows opaque black & still be legal.

We had a business sticker on the back of 2 of my wife's cars & never had any issue, other than some obscured driver vision on the inside mirror.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Around here, you can paint your back window black as long as you have a rear view mirror on each side of your vehicle.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not nearly as bad as driving with a handicap placard hanging on your mirror. That’s for parking folks!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
As said before there are plenty of vehicles without rear windscreens. Here as I think in most places your vehicle needs only side mirrors.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
In NC, as long as you have exterior mirrors, you would be within the law.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
It would, if it was on the front windshield.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2093 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Dumb question but there are vehicles without rear windows. Vans, for example. Why is any visibility through a rear window required? Limos with rear cabin privacy? I get front and even front side window standards. But why would there be any limitation on rear window?

That's a good question. If I recall, you can have your rear view mirror blocked if you have both side mirrors. It's the same rule that applies to big rigs.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19693 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info/responses folks.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
If I add a similar type ad to my vehicle

If you do, and you want people to actually be able to read it while you drive, be sure to use larger font size than that guy.

Obscuring your vision (legal, or not) to not communicate the message is pointless; you'd have to tailgate that guy to read anything other than the phone number.

If you don't care about that, and only people walking by the car while it's parked matters, then feel free to go nuts with tiny fonts. Wink

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post