SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone here own a B&S powered Little Wonder edger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here own a B&S powered Little Wonder edger? Login/Join 
posted
I need and edger and ended up with a non-running Model 6002 really cheap. I've got it all cleaned up, oil changed, carb rebuilt and just about ready to go when the blade and the mud flap get here save for one thing. Hooking up the throttle cable correctly.

The previous owner had been monkeying around with things, and lost a few parts. He also had the throttle cable connected totally wrong. I think he had it rigged that way because he was missing a piece.

I believe I need a clip of some kind to attach the throttle wire to the throttle lever, rather than connecting the wire directly to the throttle lever as it binds at part throttle when connecting that way.

I've got a Little Wonder parts diagram, but it does not cover the motor. Looking at a motor parts diagram, I'm thinking I might need P/N 490507 "retainer link", but I really can't tell.

What I'd really like to see is a picture of the throttle cable to throttle lever connection.

Anybody have one of these things and might be able to snap a picture or two?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M1Garandy,

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the model number of the motor? List the spec number too. It should be stamped on the recoil starter housing. It'll be 6 numbers a gap 4 or 5 numbers then another gap with more numbers after.

That part number you listed is a plastic part that was no longer available where I looked it up.

Can you post a picture of what you have and maybe we can figure it out that way?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motor is a 091202-1354-E1.

I can't post pics, but I can email them.

The issue I have is as follows. On the throttle lever there is a vertical tab on top that is drilled for a linkage. That's where the throttle cable was connected when I got this machine. It was all kinds of bent to fit there.

With the throttle cable sheath clamped to the carb body where it belongs, if you attach the throttle cable to the above described tab, it binds because as far as I can tell, the cable should run under the throttle lever, not over.

There is a larger hole in the end of the throttle lever that looks like that "retainer link" would fit, and some wear to the paint telling me something was there, but I can't find a good picture to confirm.

Thanks

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Maybe take a look around on jackssmallengines dot com. Might find a helpful diagram there.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Maybe take a look around on jackssmallengines dot com. Might find a helpful diagram there.

Indeed they do. That is where I pulled the retainer link P/N from. Great diagrams, but since my engine has multiple configuration options, not quite specific enough.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Maybe this might help ... see fig.4 on page 7 of the 6033-00-01 B&S POWERED EDGER link found here ...
http://partsipl.schillergcpro....e2wcustomerhome.aspx
If that doesn't help, drill down through "Customer Support" to find a parts manual and diagram. If not found, contact Little Wonder for assistance.
https://www.littlewonder.com/

EDIT: Well shoot, that frist link doesn't go where I thought it would, but that's where to start, to get to the parts manuals. I'll try and post a pic of fig.4 on page 7 I referenced.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Copy and paste or click the following line into your browser ...
http://partsipl.schillergcpro....c97-5cb6fb6d86cf.pdf
If that isn't the model you have, go back to my previous post and drill down to the one you have.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feel free to email the pictures if you want. My email is in my profile.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe this might help ... see fig.4 on page 7 of the 6033-00-01 B&S POWERED EDGER link found here ...
http://partsipl.schillergcpro....e2wcustomerhome.aspx
If that doesn't help, drill down through "Customer Support" to find a parts manual and diagram. If not found, contact Little Wonder for assistance.
https://www.littlewonder.com/

EDIT: Well shoot, that frist link doesn't go where I thought it would, but that's where to start, to get to the parts manuals. I'll try and post a pic of fig.4 on page 7 I referenced.

This illustration appears to be of a different engine configuration than I'm working with.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Copy and paste or click the following line into your browser ...
http://partsipl.schillergcpro....c97-5cb6fb6d86cf.pdf
If that isn't the model you have, go back to my previous post and drill down to the one you have.

I've got the parts manual for the 6002. Unfortunately, it does not illustrate anything engine related.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M1Garandy,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Sounds like you need this https://www.ereplacementparts....el-kit-p-834817.html

I've got a feeling that a generic unit of that type is likely what I'm going to end up with if I can't figure out what was there originally.

I'll get you some pics, probably tomorrow.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I also looked around on youtube and ebay but didn't find any pictures or video footage I thought might help but if you haven't thought of doing that, you might have a look. I could have missed something.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I also looked around on youtube and ebay but didn't find any pictures or video footage I thought might help but if you haven't thought of doing that, you might have a look. I could have missed something.

I did and the one video I found that seemed close had a plastic piece hanging under the throttle lever that looked like it would have been for a throttle cable if it had been installed in something.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Feel free to email the pictures if you want. My email is in my profile.

Pics sent this morning.

posted Hide Post
I got your email. I was looking around and there are a few variations to your motor. You have the remote control and may be able to move the cable to the throttle lever on the outside. I found this on Briggs and Stratton for you. Maybe you can dig a little deeper with it. https://www.briggsandstratton....equested=091202-1354

I'll keep looking as I get time.

posted Hide Post
I sent an email with a picture to you this evening.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, got it and replied.

posted Hide Post
I took a small gamble for $10 and bought a 490507 "retainer link" and I was right. It worked like a charm and I have throttle control from the handle like I should now.