SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    looking at buying a house with a foundation issue
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking at buying a house with a foundation issue Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the type of shit my wife would go for. Hell, I'd get a divorce before buying that house. The divorce would be cheaper! Big Grin

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well good news. we are out. not buying it. moving on.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Smart move.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT!!!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Excellent!! And you kept your marriage intact, I presume. Win-Win!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Good news to start your weekend!!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:

Excellent way to start the Memorial Day weekend Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Good outcome.
I could swear I saw those exact same pics on a thread on another forum a year or so ago....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

Your wife has made and emotional attachment that the sellers have picked up on. They consider this deal done. You don't have any negotiation power. It's time to walk and keep looking.

Sorry to come late to this thread, but IMO this is the key. Your wife has already psychologically moved in. She has been visually laying out where the furniture will go, how much she's going to enjoy the views in Spring, etc.

I agree with what others have said: Walk away before this problem becomes your problem.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great news.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is indeed great news, that was nightmare waiting to happen. Those things can take on a life of their own with added costs really running up the bill.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Ah shoot, there was a movie about this once.... the title eludes me now tho..
Maybe it’ll come to me.

For what’s it worth, I’m about to buy an 1832 church/house.... you think you got concerns..

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Good for you. This has got to be a major relief. Now, enjoy the holiday and start fresh.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post