SIGforum
looking at buying a house with a foundation issue

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9310071244

May 24, 2018, 11:29 PM
Edmond
looking at buying a house with a foundation issue
Sounds like the type of shit my wife would go for. Hell, I'd get a divorce before buying that house. The divorce would be cheaper! Big Grin

May 25, 2018, 11:59 AM
gambit123
well good news. we are out. not buying it. moving on.
May 25, 2018, 12:11 PM
Birdvol
Smart move.
May 25, 2018, 02:48 PM
dsmack
EXCELLENT!!!

May 25, 2018, 02:48 PM
erj_pilot
Excellent!! And you kept your marriage intact, I presume. Win-Win!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
May 25, 2018, 03:56 PM
lkdr1989
Good news to start your weekend!!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
May 25, 2018, 05:11 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:

Excellent way to start the Memorial Day weekend Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 25, 2018, 06:08 PM
zoom6zoom
Good outcome.
I could swear I saw those exact same pics on a thread on another forum a year or so ago....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
May 27, 2018, 05:44 PM
CoolRich59
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

Your wife has made and emotional attachment that the sellers have picked up on. They consider this deal done. You don't have any negotiation power. It's time to walk and keep looking.

Sorry to come late to this thread, but IMO this is the key. Your wife has already psychologically moved in. She has been visually laying out where the furniture will go, how much she's going to enjoy the views in Spring, etc.

I agree with what others have said: Walk away before this problem becomes your problem.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
May 27, 2018, 05:52 PM
CoolRich59
quote:

Great news.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
May 27, 2018, 06:25 PM
sig229-SAS
quote:

That is indeed great news, that was nightmare waiting to happen. Those things can take on a life of their own with added costs really running up the bill.
May 27, 2018, 06:56 PM
bigmule
Ah shoot, there was a movie about this once.... the title eludes me now tho..
Maybe it’ll come to me.

For what’s it worth, I’m about to buy an 1832 church/house.... you think you got concerns..

May 27, 2018, 06:56 PM
greco
Good for you. This has got to be a major relief. Now, enjoy the holiday and start fresh.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom