SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update on the E. Fuhr Teddy Roosevelt caricature
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on the E. Fuhr Teddy Roosevelt caricature Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
After re-acquiring the provenance details my father had that was lost (discussed at length in a previous thread), I had the 60+ year old frame and mat replaced as they were disintegrating.

Not the best picture (cellphone) but it shows the result protecting this original piece. The blue is from the coatings on the glass.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
That is really cool!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 892 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Did you ever locate a copy of the magazine cover that wasn’t damaged?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Did you ever locate a copy of the magazine cover that wasn’t damaged?

Sadly no. It turns out that that magazine had an interesting history and after two years was merged with another. So it is indeed rare. The folks at the Teddy Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State and their patrons had never seen this piece before either. It garnered quite a bit of appreciative comments for the provenance and my sharing images. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
bald1, I'm so glad you figured this out. I spent several sessions doing google searches trying to find the answer to this when you originally posted the picture and question. Congratulations and enjoy the work.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks StarTraveler. I was fortunate to have a lot of help from many sources including from members of this forum. Thanks to all! Big Grin

For those that might want to revisit the original thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...630038454#1630038454

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link. I missed the last update in April when you found the info on the back.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Thanks for that link. I missed the last update in April when you found the info on the back.

Yeah, originally I was reticent to tear into the old framing but as it continued to deteriorate I made the move to have it re-framed. In so doing the back was exposed providing critical key information. I've had an image of that back (shown in my first post here) placed on the rear seal of the new framing. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this whole journey into history, and I thank you for sharing it with us. Smile

Posts: 17224 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
cool...the state and private donors are ponying up 150 million dollars for a TR presidential library and musuem in Medora!!!

I wasn't really thrilled with the waste of 50 million by the state!!! But it should be nice lol

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
cool...the state and private donors are ponying up 150 million dollars for a TR presidential library and musuem in Medora!!!

I wasn't really thrilled with the waste of 50 million by the state!!! But it should be nice lol

Yeah I've heard. Here's a site about it:
https://jlgarchitects.com/arti...-by-end-of-the-year/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Found a better site about the museum. I didn't know that there was no Teddy Roosevelt Presidentail Library / Museum.

https://www.trpresidentiallibrary.org/

Ironically the library board's recording secretary is the Project Manager for the TR Center at Dickinson State that I had been corresponding with. Smile

"One hundred and one years after his death, Theodore Roosevelt will finally have a Presidential Library. Theodore Roosevelt is one of the four presidents commemorated on Mount Rushmore. Historians and citizens alike consider him among the five greatest Presidents of the United States. His homes at Sagamore Hill and in New York City are vivid testaments to his life, as are our National Parks, our position in the world, and our sense of what it means to be Americans. And yet he still has no Presidential Library. The Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library Foundation is building one for him. In addition to being home to the first fully-digital Presidential archive, the Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library will provide visitors, students, scholars, and enthusiasts with unforgettable experiences and unexpected insights into our 26th President."

USN (RET), COTEP #192