SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My nifty soup idea – Cheez–Its for croutons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My nifty soup idea – Cheez–Its for croutons Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I love Amy’s Split Pea Soup (canned). I always add diced Spam, Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce, and freshly ground black pepper. But a few days ago I had an inspirational – Cheez-Its for croutons. Flat out good!

If there’s a Nobel Prize for split pea soup I ought to get it! Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
You want the best pea soup you've ever had? Try Habitant.

You can add whatever you want to it, but it doesn't need anything IMO.

SPAM and Cheezits does sound good though. Wink

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Old, really Old joke:

What does Roast Beef and Pea Soup have in common?

Anybody can roast beef, but not everyone can pea soup.

I'll let myself out now....

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
A restaurant about 30 miles from my home serves Cheez-Its with a curry consomme. Absolutely delightful.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Cheez-Its in tomato soup is the bomb.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I’ll second that- been doing it for years.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Hungry!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've put all sorts of crunchy things in soup, but never Cheez-Its. Seems it would be good in tomato soup with a bit of heat. Wouldn't want it in chicken soup or other clear soups. I'll give it a try.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I love pea soup and I love Cheez-its. Been snacking a lot lately on the big boxes, not healthy eating. Also have had a couple boxes of their white cheddar. My favorite comes in a bag and are called Extra cheesy. Oh they are good.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Cheez-its are bad ass.

Posts: 5156 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Cheez-its are bad ass.

And EXTRA CHEESY is more badder asser. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I was out of our usual whole wheat Ritz crackers that I use as a crunchy topping for our squash casserole a couple of years ago so I borrowed some of my son’s Cheez-Its in their place. Everyone liked them so we don’t buy the Ritz crackers anymore.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Goldfish are even better. Extra cheddar Goldfish in tomato soup is next level. The parmesean are great in ham and bean or pea soup or even chicken noodle soup. Pretzel Goldfish in beer cheese soup is top shelf, I put pizza Goldfish in tortilla soup. Don't limit yourself to just regular cheese crackers! Goldfish are made to swim in soups! Wink

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheez-Its work well in chili and beef stew too.
One day, I'll try Goldfish in soup and chili. Smile

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Cheez-Its in New England clam chowder. Mmmmm...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

Cheez-Its in New England Clam Chowder???

Is nothing sacred?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Is nothing sacred?

Yeah, that one doesn't sound like a good combination.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Cheez-its are bad ass.

And EXTRA CHEESY is more badder asser. Smile

Extra Toasty is the baddest of ass, especially in soup.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Is nothing sacred?

Yeah, that one doesn't sound like a good combination.

Big Grin To each his own, I guess. I liked it, though I'll eat most any food. Except ketchup, that shit is foul.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll eat most any food.
This was $22.99 at Costco last week:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post