SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My nifty soup idea – Cheez–Its for croutons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My nifty soup idea – Cheez–Its for croutons Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Cheez-its are bad ass.

And EXTRA CHEESY is more badder asser. Smile
<snip>

I’m not sold on “extra Cheesy” Cheez-Its. I don’t think that they have any more cheese than “Original” Cheez-Its. The “Nutrition Facts” panels shows 3g protein per 30g serving for both varieties, and cheese is the protein source. Here’s the main reason that they taste different:
230mg sodium per 30g serving – Original
270mg sodium per 30g serving – extra Cheesy
There are no other significant differences between those two varieties.

BTW – Although all Cheez-It varieties have real cheese, the orangish color comes from annatto extract (a natural food dye). The “White Cheddar” variety excepted, of course.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

I'll eat most any food.
This was $22.99 at Costco last week:

Not as good as fresh, but pretty damn good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post