SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you ever believed someone to be dead…only to find out they were not…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever believed someone to be dead…only to find out they were not… Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Turns out the deceased was just passed out drunk. Which probably saved his life!

Sober people die.

Drunks just bounce.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The only example I can think of is Conor Cummins. His 2010 Isle of Man TT crash was mental. He is the rider who lost control at high speed and went flying violently into the countryside.

I think a lot of people were surprised to learn he survived that crash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met a guy who, I was told, was dying of HIV. Years later he remembered meeting me. When he told me how we met, I went pale.

A better story was told by a paramedic friend. A guy was set to go to Vegas, pocket full of cash when his car was towed. He jumped on the truck, fell and was dragged. My friend looked at the DOA body, and found a pulse. The ER doc took one look and shook his head. Years later, the guy knocked on his door to thank him. Oh, he married the rehab nurse he met.

Posts: 33 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The only example I can think of is Conor Cummins. His 2010 Isle of Man TT crash was mental. He is the rider who lost control at high speed and went flying violently into the countryside.

I think a lot of people were surprised to learn he survived that crash.

Here it is......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y07yt87lhEA

Posts: 11331 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post