SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who do you guys use to host photos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you guys use to host photos Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
I used to use Photobucket but they have gone downhill since I first joined. Who you guys using to host the photos you post on the forum?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Fototime, although you have to pay for it. https://www.fototime.com

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://postimages.org/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Imgur

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Myself

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Fototime, I've been with them for years.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Imageshack

It's a paid service, but I like the ability to upload once, and link out in any link type, and resolution dynamically.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Creslin on this forum will do it for you -- see https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9600003364

Myself, I use Flickr, since I have a paid subscription anyway (I have 45,000 photos hosted there).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
After firing Photo$ucket....I went to

https://postimages.org

works great and I'm so happy with them I just gave them some money

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Imageshack

It's a paid service, but I like the ability to upload once, and link out in any link type, and resolution dynamically.

Me too. About $19/year for unlimited storage. The site works well on my phone and laptop. Near 100% uptime. Supports avatars, and albums for image organization. Less likely than free services to go defunct.

Member bac1023, who posts such excellent photos of his exotic pistols, uses it too. E.g.:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3930063874/p/1

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Imgur...Best of the free services IMO Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My own server

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm ImageShack as well. Been with them for 7 years, no issues.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Imgur.com works great for me.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My own server

There is no reason I shouldn't be doing the same.
I could use some more bandwidth and would need to get some software that makes it easy enough.

I have been using PhotoBucket and continued to do so all through all the ruckus.
I was already paying them a small amount so the photo-apocalypses didn't affect me.
However, recently (while still a paying customer) every time I tried to embed an image only the embed code would show up.
Old photos posted fine but recent ones were a problem.
PhotoBucket customer service is worthless.

So I am (at least for a short time) transitioning to SMUGMUG.COM.
Yes, I am paying a for their service.
It appears they are geared for photographers which I am not including selling photos, etc,
Not using that but what I like is that it is FAST, NO ADS, easy to set up, will archive my phone photos, can easily copy the embed code (although PhotoBucket was great on that - easy but didn't work) and a great phone app.
Still will move to my own servers at some point.
SMUGMUG probably isn't designed for forum-posting but it checks a lot of boxes for me.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I use Zenfolio.com.

They have many different plans; the one I use allows me to sell my photography.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Postimage.org

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Imgur...Best of the free services IMO Wink

This

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Flickr.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Imageshack

Agreed. For the ~$18/year I pay, it's money well spent.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post