SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turks nightmare The end
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turks nightmare The end Login/Join 
posted
to quote the Grateful Dead, "what a long strange trip its been". The nightmare that began at the airport in Turks and Caicos on December 12, 2023 has finally ended. I have been sentenced to a suspended sentence of 33 weeks jail time on the condition that I have no problems with the law on Turks for 1 year. Trust me that will be easy since I will never again set foot on that island!
Since what I was convicted of on Turks is not a crime in the USA it has no legal effect here.
To say this is a relief is a gross understatement.In my case the process was the punishment.
Navigating the process was a team effort by many people. The members of this forum had a huge part in the success of the efforts on my behalf. The fact that you stepped up to help someone you didn't know with prayers and financial aid still brings me to tears when I reflect on your generosity.It is impossible to adequately express my gratitude to each you. Words simply fail to convey the thankfulness I feel. Please accept my simple thank you and may God bless you.
I would be remiss if I did not mention the role Mike (Para) has had in my journey. Mike was always there to talk me off the ledge each time despair crept in. Thank you Mike for everything and for being my friend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 12, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders.

Posts: 11208 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike. I was happy to help, and thanks to all the members who contributed to your fundraiser, and especially to dave7378, who went through this experience himself and offered invaluable advice, guidance and assistance to you and others.

For those of you unaware what this is about, click here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4030005505

And to the American-hating, money-grubbing corrupt BASTARDS in the Turks & Caicos islands- karma is a bitch. What goes around, comes around, and you'll get yours.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Good to here it's over.

I sure hope no other members here (or anyone for that matter) have any plans to cast a shadow on that island ever in the future.

Up their official ass with a meat hook. I hope the people of T&C rise up and slay them. Or at least vote them out.

Posts: 7416 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It is good that the black cloud is no longer hanging over your head.

Please stick around, and participate as a member of SIGforum.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Absolutely outstanding. I imagine there is no better feeling than putting this behind you.

I'm happy that we were here to help, and that good people can rally to a cause that is just, even when they don't have a personal connection.

It does a bit to restore faith in mankind.

Please stick around as part of our extended community.

God bless you and your family.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Excellent news and glad that is off you and your families backs.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think they have recently revised the law there to allow more flexibility, if anyone were to find themselves in a similar situation. The recent publicity over how they treated unintentional violations and essentially held those people for ransom has probably hurt tourism.

Hopefully anyone that has ever owned a firearm won't go there and they will suffer a tremendous decline in tourism dollars as a result.

In past years the place had the reputation as a corrupt drug smugglers haven and I guess they also decided to try to fleece tourists.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Amen Brother! Amen!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Good to hear it’s in your rear-view now Mr. Evans….must be a relief! Hope to see you stick around this great forum family we have here….you've been adopted here! God bless you and your family!

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you’re back on friendly soil

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it's all behind you
quote:
...has probably hurt tourism.

Hopefully anyone that has ever owned a firearm won't go there and they will suffer a tremendous decline in tourism dollars as a result.
The way they treated Dave and then Mike took them off my vacation destination list.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You don't know the half of it, guys. Sharitta Grier, the American being held in that hell hole now, was handcuffed to a table for three days when she was first arrested. She has a medical condition and she can't get her medications.

Ms. Grier says she has never in her life even fired a gun. She had borrowed a duffel bag for the trip and she was unaware the bag contained a few rounds of ammunition.

The authorities in T&C damn well know these things. She was supposed to have her case adjudicated this week but the sons o' bitches, in a bid to squeeze every penny they can out of her, have pushed back her court date to next month. Meanwhile, she spends thousands to stay in a B&B. The court authorities in T&C have repeatedly postponed the court dates of all the Americans charged with this ridiculous "crime".

They hate Americans, even though these third-world SAVAGES depend upon their very existence for American dollar.

The prison where they've threatened to put all these Americans is a true Hell on earth. There is no access to clean, running water, no electricity. There are bars on the windows but no screens to keep out the insects. Routinely, sewage backs up into the prison. Diseases of all kinds are rampant and Americans so imprisoned are despised and they are simply not safe. When the sun goes down, the prison is pitch black until sunrise.

The prison is a work farm, and if you don't work, you sit in your cell 24 hours a days.

Would that the hand of God sweep across those islands and wipe them clean.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Mike, I am very glad your nightmare has ended. I have always had the Turks and Caicos on my bucket list, but I have crossed it off now. I do not plan to ever visit that disgusting, corrupt septic field.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So glad you got a good resolution Mr. Evans. IIRC you’re the Texan that they grabbed at the end of last year. I hope you are well, if you’re ever near Temple, the drinks are on me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11486 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad to see you home safe and out from under that mess. Also glad to see you sticking around and being part of the SigForum community! Welcome!!

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story of how Americans are treated needs to spread like a plague . Not one U.S. Dollar needs to be spent in that shithole .

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
The story of how Americans are treated needs to spread like a plague . Not one U.S. Dollar needs to be spent in that shithole .

What are the benefits to the United States of the connection with this bunch of malcontents? What do they do for you? If this is a hard question to answer, perhaps it's time to turn off the dollar tap.

Posts: 11447 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I certainly have no desire to go to T&C, after seeing all this.

Posts: 5942 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I am happy to hear your nightmare has ended.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4404 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post