SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hamas-style terror attack could occur in US, former FBI and National Counterterrorism official says
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hamas-style terror attack could occur in US, former FBI and National Counterterrorism official says Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Carry a rifle and plenty of ammunition with you whenever you can. The leftists have left our southern border wide open and we know without any doubt that it's not just illiterate peasants coming across it.

It's sad and indescribably infuriating that such an attack on American soil seems to be the only thing which will wake up the American people and which will finally move the terrorist-loving politicians to action.

https://justthenews.com/govern...cial&utm_campaign=tw

A terror attack similar to that executed by Hamas on Oct. 7 against Israel, resulting in the slaughter of more than 1,400 people, could be carried out on United States soil, according to Kevin Brock, a former FBI assistant intelligence director and former National Counterterrorism Center principal deputy director.

It is "careless" to think that the Oct. 7 terror attack "is contained to the region and can’t realistically happen here," Brock wrote Monday for an opinion article in The Messenger, titled, "Hamas Attack Reveals a New Terror Strategy That Could Happen Here."

The attacks exposed two main vulnerabilities facing the U.S.: "Complacency" and "a new terror tactic," he said.

Despite having a widely acclaimed intelligence service, Israel appeared to be surprised by the attack.

"Israel became too complacent," Brock wrote. "Things had been relatively quiet for a while and if something were afoot, the richly funded intelligence apparatus would likely pick up on it. This is where the United States must sit up and take note. Complacency is the first enemy of counterterrorism."

The other factor is how Hamas used a new tactic of paragliding their operatives over the Gaza Strip border into southern Israel. The terrorists also took down communications towers, tore down parts of the barrier and took over border crossings.

"The history of terrorism over the past 50 years tells us that when a new terror tactic is deployed, it remains in fashion for a time if perceived to be successful. The novel Hamas tactic of heavily arming swarms of young men to simultaneously roam about in groups and start shooting the unsuspecting en masse is now a thing, ready to be mimicked, like it or not," Brock also wrote.

It is "considerably less challenging" to enter the United States, Brock wrote. "The most unsettling reality is that, in the past couple of years, the number of border encounters of individuals on the terrorism watch list or from hostile nations has increased dramatically."

The number of known individuals on the terror watchlist who have attempted to enter the U.S. hit a record high last year, as did the number of illegal immigrants who tried to enter.

Brock said that to prevent another Hamas-style attack from occurring in the United States, the country should crack down on the border, look into military-aged men entering the U.S. from known terrorism hotbeds and determine which people posing potential terror threats have already entered the U.S. He also said officials should start studying likely stateside targets, which would be "populations and events known to be less armed and protected."

The FBI said two days after the attacks that it "does not have specific and credible intelligence indicating a threat to the United States stemming from the Hamas attacks in Israel." Days later, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned that there is an "increase in reported threats" following the invasion of Israel by Hamas.

More recently, the FBI said last week that it is "continuing to monitor threats both in the United States and overseas" and "has seen an increase in reports of threats against Jewish, Muslim, and Arab communities and institutions."

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember also that Hamas had been planning this attack on Israel for years.

Our borders have been weak for decades. So how many terrorist's are just waiting to strike.

The only President who attempted to secure the border was Donald Trump.

Posts: 12761 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of American people are so complacent in their lives that they would never even entertain the idea that something could happen here. Some of us fully believe it could and it will and it scares the hell out of some of us.

Posts: 3475 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The novel Hamas tactic of heavily arming swarms of young men to simultaneously roam about in groups and start shooting the unsuspecting en masse ....

Novel for Hamas, but not unprecedented: Mumbai attack.

I have long wondered when something similar would occur here. And of course there are many places in the US where the common people are as disarmed and vulnerable as were many of the Israelis this time.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47423 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
More than one Tom Clancy doomsday book has involved the bad guys coming into the US via the southern border. And that was long before the current regime just abolished border enforcement.

I'm not a paranoid type, but, living in Phoenix, I wonder every day how we have not had a terrorist attack here committed by bad guys who came in across the southern border. It would take police a while to respond, no matter where it happened, and anything more than cops with ARs would take a lot longer. The amount of damage determined bad guys could inflict here is unthinkable.

I now keep an AR pistol in the trunk with four loaded mags and always have a P365 within arm's reach. At home I'm ready for anything.

Posts: 3572 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The novel Hamas tactic of heavily arming swarms of young men to simultaneously roam about in groups and start shooting the unsuspecting en masse ....

Novel for Hamas, but not unprecedented: Mumbai attack.

I have long wondered when something similar would occur here. And of course there are many places in the US where the common people are as disarmed and vulnerable as were many of the Israelis this time.

And also covered in the book "Day of Wrath". It was published in 2014 but included almost every barbaric act that occurred recently by Hamas. In most urban areas, you already have the gangbangers and thugs running around shooting at everything, adding foreign or domestic terrorists is just another reason to always carry a pistol, magazines, and a truck gun (VZ58 in my case with 4 magazines). Situational avoidance and awareness is 90%+ of the battle.

Truly, the next thing I fear is the Islamic terrorists to start peddling their "courage drug" (Captagon — a synthetic, amphetamine-type stimulant — were found in the pockets of dead or captured terrorists) to the urban thugs. It will be much worse than bath salts with bunches of armed crazies.

Posts: 3958 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So what's the status on arm braces nowadays? Can I still keep the AR pistol in the Jeep with an arm brace?

My biggest fear in regards to the next attack on the US (when, not if) is I will be on my ship away from my family when it happens. Such things are on my mind a lot lately.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30467 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having grown up most of life in western NY state, where we are saddled with gun law oppression stemming from NYC, the thought of a “truck gun” was completely out of my wheel house. Even back when I lived there ( thankfully beat feet for free America 8 years ago) leaving a gun in the car ( particularly a handgun) could get you in major trouble if stolen.
And I currently work in one of those delightful “ gun free zones” so carrying at work is not realistic.
However since these threats are becoming more apparent I have now gone to keeping a pistol in my car 24/7 ( in an appropriately secured lock box) the thought of dying because I didn’t have the tools at hand to defend myself or loved ones is too much to bear!

Posts: 3304 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So what's the status on arm braces nowadays? Can I still keep the AR pistol in the Jeep with an arm brace?

My biggest fear in regards to the next attack on the US (when, not if) is I will be on my ship away from my family when it happens. Such things are on my mind a lot lately.

I would take the brace off until the dust settles. A short sling is just as effective at stabilizing as the brace.

Posts: 12761 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Any attack that occurs on our soil is directly attributed to every single democrat politician in this country

Their policies and desires to destroy this country from the inside is the only reason why this could happen

Keep rifles and ammo close

Posts: 53252 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

No hijack intended, but I am a Firearms Policy Coalition member and thus plaintiff covered by the recent injunctive relief. If it comes to shooting it out with Hamas cells in AZ, I really don't care about current court cases. And it's not like ATF is ever going to get into the trunk of my car anyway. And the state and local police couldn't care less.

Posts: 3572 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I am paranoid. I just purchased my first bullet-proof vest.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2088 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
That's not paranoid, that's prudent!

quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4340 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

Several of my neighbors and I have been thinking about just that, for a year or two.

What kind/brand did you get, and how much does one cost?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9190 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Remember to get a vest that will defeat rifle rounds. I have no doubt that any such attackers will utilize rifles that eat the ubiquitous 5.56/.223 cartridge due to availability, ease of firing, and maximum load out.

I also have ZERO doubt that the leftist leadership will blame the guns as much as the terrorists. Any blame attributed to the actors will be as “domestic” terrorists based solely on the fact that they are within the borders.

Over the last few years the CBP reported that they contacted several border crossers from middle eastern nations. These guys are professional infiltrators; they aren’t all going to cross the border in broad daylight sprinkled in among central and South Americans. There could be thousands of the assholes here already, and more every day the border is open. I can’t help but think the traitors in charge are fully aware of these facts.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15644 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Call it defeatist but I've always felt it I got caught up in some attack I would expect to die in the end... but I would do my best to make a number of the attackers wish they had never stepped into the fray.

Back when I was a teenager and someone or a couple of guys decided to throw me in the pool I quickly realized I was going to lose and so I figured out the best solution... just take them with me.

Wife and I are on a short road trip right now... besides my normal carry pistol... P239 in 357sig I also carry my "Highway Emergency Kit". In it is a Glock 19x...& a TNW semi-auto rifle that takes the same ammo and magazines and with all this is four fully loaded 16 round magazines... In the words of my father... "if I need more ammo I can get it with the ammo I have." 9mm should be readily available ...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Although fiction and 20 years old, the premise of Tom Clancy's The Teeth of the Tiger - where terrorist cells enter the US through the southern border with the aid of the cartels and attack shopping malls across the country - is not at all farfetched. I'm surprised such attacks haven't happened already.

Posts: 28029 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our nation and government has learned nothing from 9/11 and we constantly try to play nice with those who wish to destroy us. It's hard to fathom at how many we have allowed into this country and some of them went on to become "our political leaders" in some states trying to change our way of life.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Amen Para! We need to be vigilant at all times. Make sure you have go bags ready in your vehicles, carry all the time, and practice guys.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7087 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I get complacent and don't carry. That changed this past summer for some reason, even before the recent Hamas attack. The wife even noticed the change. There's something, some kind of energy or just a pattern that is sensed but can't be articulated which has me feeling I want to be more alert and prepared.

Our home is staged for selling but I have held back some shtf equipment from being put in storage, very well hidden from prying eyes but quickly enough retrieved if needed.

Posts: 9484 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post