SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over 7 Million illegal aliens have attempted to purchase a firearm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over 7 Million illegal aliens have attempted to purchase a firearm Login/Join 
posted
I wonder how many were prosecuted or deported?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-this-year-n2538234

Oh Goodie: FBI Says A Record Number Of Illegal Tried To Purchase Guns This Year

There are a variety of factors that can prohibit you from owning firearms. If you’re convicted of a violent crime, like assault, domestic abuse/violence, a dishonorable discharge from the military, or being in this country illegally. That’s the most obvious one, and it also tops the list of the reasons why someone was rejected for a firearms purchase through the National Instant Background Check System. The FBI is reporting that a record number of illegals tired to purchase firearms this year. Over seven million illegals tried to purchase guns. Those who were adjudicated for mental health were the runners up in the prohibited category, with over 5.6 million rejected NICS checks (via Washington Examiner):

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System said that it rejected 7,836,600 planned purchases from “illegal/unlawful alien” as of 2018. And that was at the end of November. Christmas purchases of guns are typically high and were not included.

That number has been increasing in recent years.

[…]

The full list of prohibited categories and NICS catches:

Illegal/unauthorized alien: 7,836,600.

Adjudicated mental health: 5,637,317.

Convicted of a crime punishable by more than one year or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years: 3,833,213.

State prohibitor: 1,267,285.

Misdemeanor crime of domestic violence conviction: 174,388.

Under indictment: 128,214.

Protection/restraining order for domestic violence: 74,014.

Renounced U.S. citizenship: 46,346.

Unlawful user/addicted to controlled substance: 46,320.

Dishonorable discharge: 16,485.

Fugitive from justice: 1,919.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The ones that amaze me. They go to a shop, get denied. Then go to another shop, go through all the paperwork again and get denied again. Then they say "I tried at XXX Gunshop first and the same thing happened." Like it's a scratch off ticket or something.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8139 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The DOJ reported the enforcement of the Brady Act for 2010

Table I reports some of the NICS denial numbers.

76,142 denials were made
62 were referred for prosecution
18 were declined by the prosecutor
13 guilty verdicts were obtained.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bjs/grants/239272.pdf

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Good grief, it sounds like like criminals would be better off trying to buy a gun at the gun store than stealing or straw-buying, due to the low number of prosecutions.

quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
The DOJ reported the enforcement of the Brady Act for 2010

Table I reports some of the NICS denial numbers.

76,142 denials were made
62 were referred for prosecution
18 were declined by the prosecutor
13 guilty verdicts were obtained.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bjs/grants/239272.pdf

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4339 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't they know that an illegal alien is not permitted to buy a firearm? Legal ones (with Green Tickets) can, but not illegal ones. So why do they admit they are illegal?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Are those numbers not cumulative over many years? Where in the government file does it say "in the first 11 months of this year"?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Don't they know that an illegal alien is not permitted to buy a firearm? Legal ones (with Green Tickets) can, but not illegal ones. So why do they admit they are illegal?

flashguy

Easy - it’s an honest mistake given the number that also live in sanctuary cities or states, are issued driver’s licenses, and collect all sorts of public benefits.

They either can’t read the 4473, are told by the Fudd behind the counter that they have to check all “no”, or just think it doesn’t really matter owing to the aforementioned confusion.

I’m not making excuses and believe every last illegal alien should be deported post-haste, but how much do you want to bet that most of those 7M fit that profile?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Are those numbers not cumulative over many years? Where in the government file does it say "in the first 11 months of this year"?

"The National Instant Criminal Background Check System said that it rejected 7,836,600 planned purchases from “illegal/unlawful alien” as of 2018. And that was at the end of November." Christmas purchases of guns are typically high and were not included.

But after reading the Washington Examiner article I believe it is cumulative.Good catch Fishon.

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enter the country illegally :you're the bad guy

try to get gainfully employed:again, the bad guy

support the local economy ,again, the bad guy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
enter the country illegally :you're the bad guy

try to get gainfully employed:again, the bad guy

support the local economy ,again, the bad guy

use a fake/stolen social security number: again you’re that bad guy

work for cash don’t report income: again you’re the bad guy

Baffled as to where your list is going thought I would add to it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should push to allow non-felon illegal aliens to buy/own guns. I mean can you imagine the left's heads exploding trying to back away from that one? They want to give them every other fundamental right we citizens have, but at the same time they can't be seen supporting gun rights. I think watching them boil in their own hypocrisy would be quite entertaining!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think we should push to allow non-felon illegal aliens to buy/own guns. I mean can you imagine the left's heads exploding trying to back away from that one? They want to give them every other fundamental right we citizens have, but at the same time they can't be seen supporting gun rights. I think watching them boil in their own hypocrisy would be quite entertaining!

Also sounds like a good reason for the wall. Guns are bad. People from south of the border are trying to get them. We need a wall to keep them from crossing our border to buy guns!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Around here a few gun shops now have a big sign posted if you cannot pass a Criminal Background Check there will be a 10-20% restocking fee.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sure, I am all for freedom of self defense.
Why should it be illegal for an illegal alien to purchase a gun for self defense?

However it should be illegal to be an illegal alien and 100% of illegal aliens who purchase guns should be deported because they broke our immigration laws.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Not to mention making it even easier for the criminal illegals to kill each other off.

However, I really am not supportive of that idea.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post