SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missing my dog Dixie this evening
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing my dog Dixie this evening Login/Join 
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you. Lost my 2 best buddies just a few weeks apart last fall. Miss them every day. Sorry for your loss.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I lost my best buddy Oct 5 last year. Still hurts but I've got his brother and we added another pup a couple months before Squirt passed. He would have wanted it that way and I need a couple dogs in my life.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It took me almost 2 years to get over losing my beloved Sassy but I still think about her at times.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking online at Black and Tan coonhound puppies. Most are a 10 hour drive from me that I have been finding. We were lucky finding Dixie close to us 12 years ago at a Humane Society. Coonhounds are not popular around here. I have not hunted in years and never used a dog to hunt with. She was a house dog and the next black and tan I find will be another house dog. I love the howl and the ears. I will find one, none will replace her as each are their own.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry. I’m away on a trip an$ I miss my hound too. They give so much.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
I know your feeling!

I swear I can hear my Black Dog sometimes as I am laying in the bed at night or as I go into the garage each day.

That distinct ting his collar tags made or that "talking" he did to me never goes away...

...he sits on my desk in a black and white marble urn with his collar there. He will go with me in the end.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5062 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post