SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missing my dog Dixie this evening
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing my dog Dixie this evening Login/Join 
posted
I don't know why but I am missing my sweet Dixie tonight. It's coming up on three months since she crossed the bridge, but I still think she will come running around a corner in the yard. There hasn't been a day that I didn't think about her and her howl. A dog is the best therapist there is in the world. Especially a "good dog". She was told that she was a good dog all the time. Oh Dixie I want to rub your soft ears. I miss you.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss....I know how you feel. They are our best friends and they leave us way too soon. Have missed all of ours that crossed the rainbow bridge. Think of them a lot, no matter how many years it’s been. You’re not alone in that.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Claire and I are sending our best thoughts this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
That means Dixie was a huge part of your life a blessing.

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for you loss and I know how you feel it has been three years since Drake crossed over, and I still miss him.

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Miss them all, but my Aussie that passed 3 years ago at 15, really tore me up, I miss her everyday, it still hurts.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Bless you for caring and remembering sweet Dixie.

I have a kennel full of mutts, but still miss all my deceased companions, miss all our house dogs too, so very much.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I believe they wait for us...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I know your feeling. I lost my boy Wingnut one week ago today. They told us he would pass 2 years ago. FUCK CANCER. He lived 2 more years and enjoyed every minute of it. Lived until he was almost 15 years old. Sorry.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Is it time to get a new dog.....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missing my buddy Charlie too Frown. Gone two weeks today. I used to give him my pizza crust. FUCK CANCER!! Good night Charlie.... Love you and miss you.

Posts: 2561 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
My terrier, BigBoy, died last November. I buried him by the knife studio. Hand carved his headstone with knife making tools. He was my constant companion for 7 years and the shop mascot here. I have had many dogs over the years, BigBoy was that once in a lifetime dog. Smarter than most people I have meet in my 45 years. I still don't feel the same since he has been gone. I am just glad I got to have such a dog, the right dog can make you a better person.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3529 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I know your hurt too well. I lost Scarlett a little over two years ago. After losing two dogs in two years I swore never again, that was until Scarlett came into our lives the night before Halloween in 2003.

I still miss my "baby girl", one of "Scar's" nicknames.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Been several years since I lost my dog. Hit me hard. Her memory still brings a tear to my eye.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all. My condolences to everyone here that has lost a pet as well.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, most of us has, numerous times. Yes they are greatly missed, but never forgotten.

I love the name Dixie for a dog. We had a cattle dog in the neighborhood named Dixie. She would always bark at us when we walked by. Now when I see a heeler/cattle dog I do not know I call her a "Dixie" Smile

Surely yours was the best "Dixie" ever!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
OP, I know how you feel. There is a big hole missing in our lives after the recent death of our dog. In the past, we were on the rebound not too long afterwards with a new puppy, but we're taking this loss a little harder.

However, I will need a furry friend to accompany me and my family for a more fulfilling life. A couple months of mourning may do the trick.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I lost Craz-E the Big Brown Dog a year ago. Not a day goes by.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5218 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got dogs that have been gone for decades, I still miss them.

Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Coco will be gone 6 years in June.
I still miss her and I dream about her.
Sometimes I swear I fell her presence and Cici can see her.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post