SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes a custom length web belt.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a custom length web belt. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
It doesn't need to be double thick and super stiff like a duty belt or belt for IDPA/USPSA capable of carrying a heavy gun and lots of mags, but I don't want a floppy nylon webbing belt.

Who makes a good one?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Wilderness Tactical will let you give them your size in inches, if that’s what you’re looking for.

I imagine you’re familiar with them, but if not it doesn’t really get any better than their 5 stitch instructor belt.

https://www.thewilderness.com/index.php?p=cart

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've so far been pretty pleased with the EDC Belt Co belt I bought.

Not super-stiff, but just stiff enough. Very comfortable. Easy to adjust and infinitely adjustable w/in the range you specify. At $45-$50: Economical.

Here's a thread I recently started: So I've Been Thinking About Gun Belt Design.... The last post has a good review of the belt by 92fstech.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Wilderness Tactical will let you give them your size in inches, if that’s what you’re looking for.

I imagine you’re familiar with them, but if not it doesn’t really get any better than their 5 stitch instructor belt.

Daily wear for over 20 yrs. I have an original in black w the steel buckle and a khaki 5stitch w the Ti alloy buckle (preferred; weight and non-ferritic).

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at: www.strapworks.com
I build my slings with their components and they offer all kinds of DIY nylon stuff. They have lots of belt options, both pre-made and DIY.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Get a groove life belt. It seems like a retarded price at $60 but worth every single penny.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:

Daily wear for over 20 yrs. I have an original in black w the steel buckle and a khaki 5stitch w the Ti alloy buckle (preferred; weight and non-ferritic).

I've also used Wilderness for my daily wear for over 20 years. Outstanding quality and I can't say enough good about them.

I use their Frequent Flyer belt for when I'm traveling on commercial airlines.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Wilderness 5 Stitch is the gold standard for these types of nylon gun belts (aka riggers belts, aka instructors belts).

In addition to Wilderness, I've also used similar belts from 5.11 and Tactical Tailor over the years. All of them have worked well for daily concealed carry wear.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ yup

Also, after 12-15 yrs, if you want a new nylon bit, send in your old belt and they’ll swap your belt out keeping your old buckle. If your waist size has changed that’s a good time to adapt the belt. I’ve only sent one in for the swap so far. Considering sending them the tan one soon.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I had two WT 5-stitch belts, a tan & a black, that I wore for years. But just like all my 5:11 pants, the damn things shrank after I retired. So I had to buy two more.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan of wilderness instructors belts.

I have two one black one tan.

Both have titanium buckles.

One is 20 the other is a few years old.

They will outlast me.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wear a 5.11 operator belt daily. The Velcro for the closure lasts about two years with daily use.

https://www.511tactical.com/op...-belt-1-34-wide.html

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11233 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I wear a 5.11 operator belt daily. The Velcro for the closure lasts about two years with daily use.

Not a big deal, but WT replaced the velcro on both mine. All it cost was postage sending them there.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Blue Alpha makes two different types of EDC belts:

https://www.bluealphabelts.com...-category/edc-belts/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Not a big deal, but WT replaced the velcro on both mine. All it cost was postage sending them there.

I've had 2 replaced also, but I just drove there and they did them while I waited.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another vote for Wilderness Tactical.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post