SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone using the Ring camera system…or can you recommend an alternative?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using the Ring camera system…or can you recommend an alternative? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I have nest cameras. No doorbell yet but may get one. Very happy with the cameras and the app. As mentioned it works with the thermostats too so one app for everything is nice.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Clear as mud now, isn't it? Smile
I'm in for a bunch of Ring products and some Wyze and happy with both.
At home I have an original Ring floodlight cam front and back that work great. I do get some false reading but to be honest haven't tweaked the sensitivity in a while. I have a couple of their other cams in garage and basement.

We wanted to get into some cameras at work a couple years ago so I ran wires and put Ring doorbells by each door that have worked great. I started with a battery cam but the batteries don't last in the cold. If buying any Ring doorbells be aware that the cheapest one's have less recording time.

I threw a couple Wyze cameras in the house and side yard mostly because they're so cheap but they've worked really well.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got 7 Reolink cameras, 2 of them on solar panels and the rest hard wired.

I've got an app on my iPhone that allows me to watch what's going on with any of the cameras in real time, it also allows me to record or not, get notifications of movement in front of each individual camera (about 30 feet out) on my phone within 2 or 3 seconds of when they happen and much, much more. They also have infrared camera capability and see very well in total darkness.

I've been using them for probably around 5 or 6 years, maybe more and I couldn't be happier.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I have the Arlo base unit with 4 cameras and love the ease of use and setup! Have had no problems in the 5 years except for a camera that died on night vision.

phil

Posts: 2384 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post