SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll...fried chicken
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll...fried chicken Login/Join 
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
Fresh = hot
Leftovers = cold

Fried chicken never reheats right for me, leftovers are better cold

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
I prefer it hot, but if it's leftovers I eat it cold. Re-warming it by whatever method ruins it.

This is how I feel about fried chicken.

I worked at a fried chicken joint in high school. I have fried more chickens than most. It was a local place with a few locations. We started with whole chickens - brined them, cut them, and fried them. We made good chicken.

Never reheat it. It is great hot, and great cold, but it sucks reheated.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Hot. Great poll.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Good timing. I was going to post a "search for the best fried chicken" in the state of Florida. Can we do that here?

South Florida- Popeyes and then Publix.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Hot preferably, but leftover is great too. Preparation should be flour with salt and pepper only for coating, fried in a cast iron skillet with real old time Crisco (lard).

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Fresh=hot, leftover=cold.

Favorite fried chicken is Hattie B's in Nashville. Gus' chicken in Memphis is good too. For chain chicken, I like the local Popeye's and Church's.

Of course, my grandmother (called her Nanny) made fried chicken so much better than that crap y'all call fried chicken that it ain't even funny. But that's another thread....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
Fresh = hot
Leftovers = cold

I think we have a theme going on here. I won't reheat it, but I'll eat it cold.

As a kid I went to summer camp, one activity was white water rafting. The company they booked with gave us for lunch - cold fried chicken, bag of potato chips, and fruit punch. I looked forward to the cold fried chicken every year, would usually go twice down the exact same river every year, did this for 5-6 years. For some reason I loved that cold fried chicken. Anytime I eat it now, I think back to being a little kid sitting on a rock in the middle of a river eating cold chicken.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
And yes, cold fried chicken, provided the breading isn't soggy, is absolutely the way to go in lieu of reheating. If the breading is soggy, you can fix it by placing it carefully in the trash and walking away.

Posts: 17193 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I am a Fresh n' hot guy, but I'll do cold the next morning if I am feeling it.

When in Chicago, you can't beat 'Harold's'...the Fried Chicken King!!!

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although I'll gladly eat deep-fried chicken, I do prefer pan-fried. Hot or cold--both are good.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Fresh & hit is the best. Cold chicken more so when younger but seldom nowadays.

Just curious, how young should the chicken BE?

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'd love a Hardee's chicken biscuit right now. Too bad the only one close (1 hour away) does not sell them.

Posts: 17902 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, this is the best that I have found to date. Clewiston, on the Big lake. I just started my search a few months ago. I am prepared to travel the entire state, in my travels, to check out other's suggestions.

Bring em on Boys !

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Good timing. I was going to post a "search for the best fried chicken" in the state of Florida. Can we do that here?

South Florida- Popeyes and then Publix.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hot the first time, cold for leftovers only if necessary.

I have been known to add strips of cold left-over fried chicken to salad. It's a stop-gap measure.

I don't prefer cold fried chicken, even if it's leftovers though. Depending on the battering, I can sometimes get away with baking left overs. 1) The chicken has to be fairly greasy, 2) timing and heat is a delicate guessing game. Too much time or heat and the chicken gets crusty. Also, the thinner the batter, the riskier this proposition is--kind of like marbling on a steak, the less grease there is, the smaller your margin for error.

Admittedly, the Left Coast is not exactly a hot-bed of fried goodness (especially the PacNW). Also, no one out here has the slightest clue of what a "malt" is. If you ask for a malt, you will like either get a dumb stare or a plain shake. I have resorted to buying malt powder from beer-crafting stores and making my own malts.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
Fresh = hot
Leftovers = cold

I voted either way !
And scrolled down to post exactly what tanksoldier already posted

Posts: 1605 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I have this . . . thing with eating stuff of the bone. Mostly involves the fact it "bothers" me. It's not that I won't do it, but I really avoid it when it comes down to selecting the myriad of choices available.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Hot or cold it's all good, but definately don't reheat it.
I loved my mom's fried chicken, and my wife's mom cooked some good chicken, so does my wife.
For restaurant chicken this place is hard to beat.....
http://www.ezellschicken.com/

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Hot with hot sauce for me, but cold leftovers are ok too as long as there's hot sauce

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post