SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Depot 22' ladder on sale again now
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Depot 22' ladder on sale again now Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silverspyder1996:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Go...dwabzUUaAovSEALw_wcB

There is a nice video on the link silverspyder1996 posted which shows how simple it is to use the brackets. I need to order a few sets as I think these would help me with my fruit trees.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I was thinking more in line with the 2 rung ladder jacks.

Would something like that work with two of these ladders?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just loaded one up in the minivan, thank you!!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I was thinking more in line with the 2 rung ladder jacks.

Would something like that work with two of these ladders?

Or even something like the Little Giant platform.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Just put one in the car, thank you for the heads up!

I will add that my local HD claimed 9 in stock as of this morning. When I got there had to hunt around and found only 2 left on a palette. The was a stack of them in the special pickup area. You might want to buy online and pickup to be sure you get one....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Stopped at Home Depot, one followed me home today.

I've been looking to get a 17' as my Werner 13' is barely getting the job done. For $99 this was hard to pass up. The 13' is easy to toss around and adjust, 22' is almost twice the ladder so more difficult. I do like the twist locks, that is a major plus over my Werner. I now have plenty of ladder to get to the roof safely without going to full extension.

Again, the forum hits a home run

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the heads up! Bought one online last night and got it this morning.
My old 6 foot folding ladder wasnt cutting it when changing smoke detector batteries 14 feet up.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, bought one this morning.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the alert. The Gorilla is much faster and easier to set up than the Werner it's replacing. Much higher capacity as well.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the alert. I also have a Werner but this is an upgrade.

I also like the extra weight rating. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks again!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdub1242:
Thank you for the heads up! Bought one online last night and got it this morning.
My old 6 foot folding ladder wasnt cutting it when changing smoke detector batteries 14 feet up.

Wait.....You're seven feet tall?? Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I picked mine up today

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the heads-up...snagged myself one today!

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grabbed one as well and used to clean siding at GF house

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
For $100, these seem like a heck of a bargain, but they don't look particularly safe to me.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm a little leary about being 20+ feet up and having a joint halfway down my ladder that may or may not hold up.

I think I'll stick to a standard extension ladder.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm a little leary about being 20+ feet up and having a joint halfway down my ladder that may or may not hold up.

When I was about 18 feet up trimming my Mom's tree I was thinking of a recent article in the Costco magazine written by an orthopedic surgeon. She said she sees many injuries in the spring and fall where people are seriously injured falling off of ladders. IIRC, she said many people break ribs, hips, etc.

The hinge seems safe, but one needs to be aware of whether or not it is locked in place. There is a position where it seems like it is locked, but it has not yet firmly snapped into place.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Extension ladders can fail too. I have no qualms trusting the extremely robust pair of dual-pinned hinges on these style of ladders.

My only real complaints about this ladder are minor. As I previously mentioned, they're heavier than many other ladders. And the thinner rungs are not as comfortable to stand on for extended periods compared to wider, flatter rungs on some other types of ladders.

But they're very robust and versatile. A great "jack of all trades" ladder, especially for the average homeowner/DIYer who likely doesn't want a garage full of various different sizes and styles of ladders.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have a Werner up at the cabin. It's fairly heavy.

I think I'll get one of these for the house. I was going to buy another step ladder for the high ceilings anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I would trust a “little giant” type ladder over most extension ladders.

First, an extension ladder that isn’t at least Type 1 should be thrown in the trash (you could say the same for a-frame ladders). They’re subject to twisting and buckling.

The false-lock problem with extension ladders causes tens of thousands of injuries per year.

There have been instances of new fiberglass extension ladders failing due to buckling of the side rails.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these ladders came home with me today. At that price I couldn’t leave it in the store. It compliments the Gorilla 13 and 17 I bought last year. I think it was about the same price I paid for the 13 last year.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post