SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    silly gun shops, there are still retailers out there that HAVE to learn the hard way, ( break in )
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

silly gun shops, there are still retailers out there that HAVE to learn the hard way, ( break in ) Login/Join 
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
A gunshop in my city was broken into twice within a year period. The City would not allow any type of hardened security i.e...steel bars etc..on the windows or doors for this particular shop. The owner posted the construction permit declines all over Facebook.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It happens so frequently in St.Louis that I almost think they don't mind since insurance must pick up part of the tab. I believe 5 different shops got hit on one night about a year ago.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Our LGS has all the handguns in glass display counters that have a rollover steel cover. At closing they roll the steel covers over the (locked) glass cases, lock them and call the handguns good. The long guns are locked into racks during the day. I don’t know if they stay there or go in safes at the close. The windows have bars, the entry is a cage you have to get buzzed into the first door to get access to the second. They spent a truckload of money building the store and range. I hope it works out for them...

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post